Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Acccord2448
Unregistered
Default Headers

Okay i have been looking for headers for my 07 accord V6 and im pretty sure they dont have aftermarket headers for them. Just need some confirmation.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

No headers available. The exhaust manifolds are part of the cylinder head. Sorry

Old 10-27-2009, 11:31 AM

meaning they are welded in... what were they (engineers) thinking????

Old 10-27-2009, 11:58 AM

Oh man...I don't want to hear this. I have came full circle around which Accord to get and the 05 coupe v6 manual is on my list now.

What is the inchangability with a different engine head? I know Honda can swap diff heads to different blocks...at least it can be done with b series and h22, f20, f22's. Is the 6cyl a different beast?

Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 PM

Short answer, yes it is a different beast. Not sure how much tinkering has been done with V6's. I'm also not sure if the Acura V6 has the same head set up (i.e. no header can be put on it.)

Old 10-27-2009, 04:09 PM

You can swap out heads like any other Honda, just not sure on the manifolds.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:47 AM

I just read an article that says the engine on the 7th gen is the same as the 6th gen with the major difference being the 1 piece head/header setup. The "reason" behind this is the extra 40 hp gain along with the "improved" exhaust system. This statement tells me the 6th gen and 7th gen V6 engines, mainly head, manifold, and headers, are interchanable.

"the 6-cylinder was the same J-series V6 as the sixth generation's, but revisions to the intake and exhaust contributed to a 40 hp (240 hp) increase." -From Wikipedia.

I may opt for the 4cyl K engine but if I go the V6 route, I may have to experiment with this a little. How strong are the heads on the 6th gen V6? I know the tranny is weak. If going this route, I would probably do the Megan SS headers. Sorry to hijack a little but I know the OP may appreciate this info as well. Any thoughts on K24a engine? I know people are going bananas putting K engines in civics.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:02 AM

te heads for the 6th gen are pretty tough, but the tranny is a piece of crap. the k24 is a nice engine, is on the accord and on the tsx.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
OrangeJulius
Unregistered
Unhappy Thats horrible :(

I've been looking at new cars, and for my price range i've been looking at 7th gen. accords, they look to be highly rated for everything on the list from comfort, performance, and fuel efficiency to durability etc.

But i REALLY wanted the v6 version. my first car was a 4 banger, and it was alright, but really lacked some umph under the hood. i didn't want to give it an exhaust and stuff because on a 4 cyl. it'd make me look kind of ricer to be loud

But, with an Accord v6 it's a little different, still not a sports car but more so than a 4 cyl. I'm really disappointed that they don't have a way to get some headers on the 7th gen.

I was reading your comments, and saw about maybe replacing it from a different engine, to be able to replace the headers from there. Do you mean a whole new engine? or what part specifically are you talking about replacing in order to be able to add headers?

Sorry about the long question, it's just kind of important to me, i have been driving a dodge avenger '00 for a couple years now and it's been nothing but trouble, always something needs fixed on it go figure. but i like the v6 feel of it, even if the car really sucks for the most part in driving, turning, accel. lol

Anyways thanks ahead of time for any info, i'll try to read more into it if i can, but its hard when i don't know what i'm looking for. I understand the manifold is welded on to the 7th gen v6 so what exactly would you think about replacing?

Or should i be looking at a different accord model? 8th gen? haha a bit pricy for me, what about 6th gen?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:49 AM

Technically, the manifolds are not "welded to the block", the exhaust ports are combined inside the head. So what you bolt onto the head amounts to just the collector.
Here's a pic if a J30A4 cylinder head:

I don't really see the concern here though. Honda designed it this way to perform better than the previous V6. Headers do not add much power at all anyway.

Quick Reply: Headers