Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

hey guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Default hey guys

Hey guys im new here and i just recently bought the car listed in my signature and i was wondering what mods i could make to gain some extra hp, i was thinking headers and cold air intake, any suggestions?

Old 10-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: hey guys

sounds like a good idea. OBX headers and a chiepie SRI with a name brand filter should do the trick. My favorite intake for our cars is the Comptech Icebox, but my bro has one on backorder from the manufacturer and I wouldn't wait when you can save over $150 to do the SRI mentioned and get about the same gains.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 AM

i read that the comptech icebox is better for hydrolocking, but the aem sri has more horse and is louder, is this true? also i was thinking some dc sports headers. let me know what you think.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:27 AM

the DC sports headers are technically better, but for 4 times the price, not worth it IMO. The OBX will get most of the gain .... I wouldn't expect 2 HP more from the DC. The icebox seems to be the quietest designed high performance intake, but as mentioned, my bro is having trouble getting them to load up the dies to make one. SRI gets a little more low-end power than CAI due to the air temp .... CAI is better for high end. There's no concern about hydrolock with SRI. The icebox shouldn't have any trouble either, but if totally flooded, it can HL. I have CAI and have never had a hydrolock problem and mine is about 2" lower than stock .... and I've driven it on roads with an inch and a half of water during heavy rain. The shield under the front bumper protects the CAI filter pretty well.

It's tough to say if SRI or CAI is louder. I'd think that CAI would be louder outside, but SRI is probably louder in the cabin.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:18 PM

Does the Comptech Icebox come with an sri? Because i was thinking of going with some dc headers, Comptech Icebox and either an sri or cai with it (probably the sri because it has more low end power like you mentioned).

Old 10-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Icebox is neither SRI nor CAI. It is like an SRI with a plenum around the filter. The plenum has a snorkel that pulls air from the CAI location.

You can't have the Icebox AND an intake system since the Icebox IS an intake system by itself.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:41 PM

so the icebox would be my best be for an intake?

Old 10-25-2007, 02:41 PM

*bet

Old 10-25-2007, 02:55 PM

It's my favorite design, but as mentioned, you may not be able to buy one.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:01 PM

k well i think ill go with the dc sports headers and the icebox(if i can get one). and that should give me a decent hp increase?

Quick Reply: hey guys