Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Honest Opinon Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:24 PM
mskersting
Unregistered
Default Honest Opinon Please

Alright I need your honest opinon here. I have a 2006 Accord EX V6 and I'm trying to get an intake that offers the best bang for my buck. I've read all the pros and cons of CAI vs. SRI and I still can't make up my mind! Someone give me a firm opinion I can go off of. I can't wait to start modding my ride. Thanks alot guys and gals.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Default RE: Honest Opinon Please

Most people here go either-or
SRI less piping and hassle to put on. Search around some more. Starting another thread about the topic will just get people worked up. Its a matter of choice.
Maybe you can get helps with brands.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:32 PM
mskersting
Unregistered

How about this...AEM, Injen, or K&N? That should make things easier.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:09 PM

E-bay brand intake with AEM Dryflow filter. SRI if you're in a high rain area or hydrolock is even a potential issue, if a very dry climate CAI with a bypass valve gives you a LITTLE more HP.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:14 PM

First find out what is available. I was under the impression, but could certainly be wrong, that the Fujita CAI was the only intake available for that engine. In short, find out EXACTLY what will work and go from there once the field is narrowed down.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:18 PM
mskersting
Unregistered

I think I have decided to go with a SRI due to ease of installation. That was I can just leave my huge resonator in it's place and convert it back to stock whenver I please.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:23 PM

ok...well, here is a K&N CAI that works for your engine, but i am not sure if it converts to SRI (i think it does). i am not telling you to buy this, it is just a suggestion.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:49 PM
mskersting
Unregistered

did you forget to post a link? or is it that one in your sig?

Old 08-03-2007, 04:57 PM

its the one in my sig, but here's a link >> http://www.racepages.com/performance...ped_brand=true ...the only problem is that it is not CARB exempt [:@]

Old 08-03-2007, 07:37 PM
mskersting
Unregistered

That looks like a good one. I like that it's convertable to either SRI or CAI. I'm assuming I will gain about 8-10 HP because mine is a V6 and I have heard that they benefit a little more from an aftermarket intake. What else would you guys recommend me do to my engine to give me a little boost? I don't really want to mess with the exhaust, I don't know why, but I just dont want to yet so that's out of the question.

Quick Reply: Honest Opinon Please