Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

I need help ASAP on this intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Default I need help ASAP on this intake!!!

Yo, whats up everyone. So yea, im looking to buy this intake system off of ebay for like $30. Its cheap and 'm NOT looking for a performance enhancer. I just want the sound of the intake. I was wondering if this certain intake is any good. I really want one really bad and im ready to buy it. I just need to know if it will sound any good and if its realiable. Im SOO READY to buy it right now but I want some feedback on it ASAP. thanks a million. (Rememeber, i just want it for the sound, not for performance.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06...QQcmdZViewItem

BTW: I drive a 2004 EX-V6 sedan

Old 10-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Default RE: I need help ASAP on this intake!!!

all i can tell you is that you get what you pay for

Old 10-18-2006, 01:11 AM

hm....im assuming your saying it might suck. LMAO, its all good. Any other feedback from anyone else would be great. ANOTHER question, can I do it myself? Ive never done any engine modification and im hoping that I would be able to do it on my own. is it possilbe?

Old 10-18-2006, 01:24 AM

i agree with Sparco_racingVTEC. you get what you pay for. but yeah i think it is worth it if you just want the intake for the sound. and installing it is very simple it will take about 45 minutes considing you have to take the stock one off then put the new intake in. hope it helps

Old 10-18-2006, 03:11 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

A lot of people swear by those e bay intakes.... are you in California? if so you need to get one that is CARB exempt and almost all of the e-bay ones are not CARB exempt. the CARB exempt ones cost a lot of $$$ compared to the exact same thing on e-bay for $30......

Old 10-18-2006, 04:23 AM

I was brave enough (actually really cheap) to buy an ebay intake. Mine cost a total of $30 dollars thats including shipping. So far, I'm happy. I've noticed a little more get up and go and yes there is a definate sound difference especially at wot. I do wonder what a 'real' intake would have given me though... Still, no regrets with my ebay intake.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:00 PM

yeah im actually about to buy one too, but im a little skeptical cause i would have no idea how to install it, and i dont wanna waste the money on it if i cant install it

Old 10-18-2006, 06:06 PM

intakes are easy to install with just basic tools, just remove the old one and hook up the new clamps and such and away you go, I'd say you can easily do it in an hour if take your time...

Old 10-19-2006, 12:26 AM

WOW! thanks for all the help everyone! Another thing though( i might sound stupid saying this but this would be my first project) why does the intake system come with a large metal pipe? doesn't the stock one only run about 10 inches? isent it the black rubber hose? A picture of one would be very helpfull. I just need someone to help me out with this one question and im buying it. i really want to buy it right NOW! Thanks!

P.S. im installing it myself so wish me good luck

Old 10-19-2006, 12:29 AM

btw, would it make ths same sound if I just bough the filter instead of the entire system?

Quick Reply: I need help ASAP on this intake!!!