Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

K & N CAI vs. AEM CAI!!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Default K & N CAI vs. AEM CAI!!!!

I am wondering what to purchase for my car. I have decided to go with a name brand product, but cannot decide between the red AEM and the red K&N intakes. Anyone have one or know which is better? Let me know because i havent read much about the K&N and i am wondering why.

Cj

Old 02-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Default RE: K & N CAI vs. AEM CAI!!!!

I would go with an AEM V2 cold air intake. That's what I have and it looks and sounds awesome. It sometimes whistles and sounds like you have a turbo. It also added about 14 horsepower to my 99.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:59 PM

I honestly dont think it really matters..accept for the filter. The way i look at is that there the samepartdoing the same thing ,taking in more air . I guess it might matter if your looking for the sound but over all i really dont think it makes much difference... Thats just me tho

Old 02-20-2007, 07:22 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well K&N and AEM are pretty much the top 2 companies for filters and such. You wont be disappointed with either. Is the filter on the K&N a dry filter or one that needs to be oiled? If it requires oiling, then go with the AEM as long as it has the DryFlow filter which doesnt require oiling and wont affect any warranty on your car. I have an AEM and couldnt be more happy with it.

Oh, and when you get a cai...make sure you get the bypass valve. Its around $50 and will prevent your engine from hydrolocking in case your filter becomes submerged in water or you go through a deep puddle.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:40 PM

I concur with the AEM dryflow. It is so much easier to maintain than the K&N. Mind you I've been using K&N since well.......you had to order it from the UK, it simply wasn't available here in the US. The AEM has changed my mind forever. Make sure you order the AEM cleaner if you decide on that brand. It's wash it twice in a bucket, let it dry, put it back on. No oil, no mess, and the throttle body doesn't even get dust in it. I just cleanedmy filterand sawthe shiny throttle body interiorfirsthand. With a K&N I always had to clean the carb/throttle body as well as the filter.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:32 PM

Thanks a bunch, i think i am going with the AEM intake. Where did you guys buy yours from??

Old 02-20-2007, 08:37 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I bought mine from eBay, but it was the sri. I think prices have gone down since the introduction of the V2, but still, I would HIGHLY recommend AEM's bypass valve. A $50 investment that can save your $2k+ motor.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:03 PM

I also went with the short ram. The CAI dials in a little more power but cleaning the filter was just to much hassle for me. It may not be for you.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda
It sometimes whistles and sounds like you have a turbo.
why is it that it whistles sometimes, cause mine does that too.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:56 PM

if you get the AEM V2 the say that you CAN NOT put a bypass valve on there or it will ruin the performance of the intake, if you want a CAI not a SRI then get the AEM Origonal CAI and a bypass valve....
ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

I bought mine from eBay, but it was the sri. I think prices have gone down since the introduction of the V2, but still, I would HIGHLY recommend AEM's bypass valve. A $50 investment that can save your $2k+ motor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: K & N CAI vs. AEM CAI!!!!