Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

looking to buy new headers and exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Default looking to buy new headers and exhaust

im new to all of this and havea friend who is helpin me out. im trying to figure out if i would need to make any customizing to anything if i bought headers off Ebay. i have a 1994 accord lx 4dr f22 automatic. i kno dont laugh its an automatic. im plannin on somehow swappin to a stick in the way future. but for now im just lookin at new headers and exhaust, im loooking for all the help i can get. thank u

Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: looking to buy new headers and exhaust

if its made for your car you wouldnt have to customize anything. I know a few people that have done auto to manual conversion. congrats on owning a 5th gen and welcome to the forums

Old 10-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Hooray 5th gen! My first car was a 95 LX sedan with an auto hehe. Don't be embarassed, that auto tranny can hold it's own, I was surprised myself.

One thing about eBay headers... what brand are they or do they even have a brand? OBX or Megan headers are about as low quality as I would go and they're pretty cheap.

Customizing shouldn't be necessary, however, if you buy no-name Chinese parts, you might need to do some extra work to make them fit.

All 1994-1997 parts will fit your car except a few things that changed between the years like taillights. Most 5th gen Accord engine parts for both the F22B1 (VTEC) and F22B2 (non-VTEC) are interchangeable, along with *some*F23 (6th gen) and H22/23 (Prelude) parts.

I think we have a guide on installing headers somewhere on here, you can use the link in my sig to search. If you can't find one here you can check the DIY section of 6thGenAccord . com or Gen5Alive . com for more help.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:58 PM

thanks alot. im lookin to buy megan racing headers. what kind of cat back exhaust should i get? what brand are kinda cheap but wont be crappy? thanks a lot. i was kinda scared you guys would make fun of me.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Megan racing is a good choice.......I personally am running a megan header right now, although hopefully not for much longer.

as for cheaper exhaust, I would look into Megan or OBX. I assume by cheaper you mean not $500 like a skunk2 or Greddy cat-back

Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 PM

yea. not that much. how much do u think those cost?

Old 10-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Megan is about $300, not sure on OBX, maybe a little bit less

Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 PM

o alright. what all did u do to your car?

Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

H22 swap
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk2 Throttle body
AEM intake
Megan header
Skunk2 exhaust
Hondata

soon to be much............much more

Old 10-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: kole_christen
i was kinda scared you guys would make fun of me.
Why?! We all started somewhere. A lot of us took the cheap way (I did!) the first time around, just to do something. Second time around I'm actually spending decent money on things I buy.

As long as you show that you've done *some* research and *kind* of know what you're talking about, anyone on here is glad to help out. This forum is a lot different from others... not much bashing/hating/etc. here unless you really deserve it or you frequent the sit A LOT... like the n00b above me.

Quick Reply: looking to buy new headers and exhaust