Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Looking for a new muffler. I don't want the typical "fart can" look/sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Default Looking for a new muffler. I don't want the typical "fart can" look/sound

I'd like to get a new muffler for my 97 Honda Accord 4 cyl Vtec. I don't want that big shiney chrome can back there with all that noise but I'd like something maybe smaller then the big cans that has a nice deep sound and not crazy loud. Anything good out there? Something I can install easy? Thanks!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Looking for a new muffler. I don't want the typical "fart can" look/sound

Try oval-can design....lil less power output than straight-flow design.

Apexi WS2, Greddy SP2 are your best bets.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Default RE: Looking for a new muffler. I don't want the typical "fart can" look/sound

cool thanks! I want a little sound back there just don't want that really loud can. I'll look into them for sure!

Old 05-29-2008, 04:56 PM

i just put a skunk2 on my 97 lx. sounds great! its not raspy at all. nice and deep. comes with silence if she's to loud for ya

Old 05-30-2008, 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: PhillyTurboSix

cool thanks! I want a little sound back there just don't want that really loud can. I'll look into them for sure!
as mentioned, WS2 and SP2 are good for what you are looking for. Listen to how they sound on youtube. if you want quieter, but with a slight performance bump, get a DynoMax Super Turbo muffler. It is basically an OEM design, but it has turning guide baffles in it so that it flows more efficiently.

Here's what I want, but it's not the quietest thing in the world!

HAHA .... it says Hooker on it!!!! ...... FTW!!!!

Old 05-30-2008, 10:26 AM

is that a heart on it????!!!!!

Old 05-30-2008, 10:35 AM

Sure is
Name:  Hooker-Logo.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  48.4 KB

Old 05-30-2008, 02:26 PM

Lol.....

Old 05-30-2008, 07:59 PM

Being a small block Chevy and Buick guy now your talking my language! lol Thanks for the input guys! I've been checking these all out on youtube. It's hard to tell depending on the persons camera the same muffler on the same car sounds different! [:-]I would like to improve flow that's for sure. It's always nice to squeak any little extra bit of fuelmileage out of this car that's for sure! There is a place near me that installs them but I'm scared they are going to sell me the fart can everyone has that will wake up my neighbors when I come home from work at 2am!

Old 10-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by falkore24
Sure is
Cute Picture My Man

Quick Reply: Looking for a new muffler. I don't want the typical "fart can" look/sound