Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Loud exhaust around cops?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Default Loud exhaust around cops?

Anyone ever get pulled over for a loud exhaust? I just got my new exhaust installed and it's damn loud. To all you people out there with loud exhausts like mine, what do you do around cops, especially if one's behind you? The only trick I have up my sleeve is to put my car in neutral, for some reason the exhaust sounds lessens a lot. Anyone else know any tricks for automatics?

Old 06-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Loud exhaust around cops?

I just drive...most they can give me is a warning.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:09 PM

i would be upset to if i ever got pulled over for a loud exhaust. i think they should worry about more important things than how loud i am. There are worse infractions out there, like the extra huge trucks with the extra huge tires that could run over and destroy much more than how noisey i am.

My parents have alwayz told me to pull over if a cop is ever behind me. slow down as much as possible til he passes. and try to not look to concerned.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:26 PM

lol BlkCurrantKord, my cousin got pulled over and received a ticket for a loud exhaust, that's why I'm worried.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

if they are heading the other way or something i usually just put it in neutral, when they are behind me i usually just maintain the same rpm because the exhaust gets louder when you accel or decelerate, and then take the first side road.

but if i ever got pulled over for having too loud exhaust i would be extremely po'd. because there are harleys that are twice as loud as my car that they never pull over

Old 06-11-2007, 07:09 AM

ORIGINAL: pyaarawala

lol BlkCurrantKord, my cousin got pulled over and received a ticket for a loud exhaust, that's why I'm worried.
Where do you live?

Old 06-11-2007, 02:04 PM

Suffolk County Long Island, New York.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:05 PM

I was pulled over for my exaust in ohio, but the area i was in was very biased against people with modified vehicles. In nebraska i havent been pulled over once for my exaust.

Its all going to depend on how strict they are with the noise ordinance and just the cops in general.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: pyaarawala

Suffolk County Long Island, New York.
Well that does explain some things...

No one I know around me has ever gotten a ticket or warning for a loud exhaust. Must be a east coast/west coast thing. Us middle westerners are safe!

Old 06-11-2007, 11:50 PM

I've been in front of cops a lot of times and they've never pulled me for my exhaust. If they did I would really be verypissed. If you take a drive out into my city for five minutes you're going to find a truck or car with loudflowmasters(a million mustangs where I live)or something done to their exhaust.

Quick Reply: Loud exhaust around cops?