Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

magnaflow mufflers <NEW QUESTIONS>

Old 09-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Default magnaflow mufflers <NEW QUESTIONS>

im looking into getting some of these just the muffler could i use these on my stock pipe? i have a1999 honda accord ex v6 4dr sedan. Also would they sound good on my car? thanks for the help. Another question would these mufflers sound better with an aftermarket pipe? I would like to keep my stock pipe on my car and just put the mufflers on, and would i get any hp gain from these? If so how much? thanks for all the help guys.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Old 09-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Default RE: magnaflow mufflers

damn that sounded good but cani cut my stock mufflers off and weld magnaflows on using the stock exhaust pipe?

Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Yes, but you'll most likely need an enlarger. I had a Flowmaster on my 95 the same way you described. I just ground off the exhaust hanger from the old muffler, welded it to the new one, and then welded a section of exhaust pipe (aluminized steel pipe), welded on a reducer and clamped it to the existing pipe. Worked great!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:48 AM

whats a enlarger?

Old 09-26-2008, 11:20 AM

Enlarger/Reducer. You'll find them at auto parts stores near the exhaust tips/exhaust clamps/etc. They change the pipe size for you. Get on that slides OVER the stock exhaust pipe you just hacked off and slide INTO the new muffler and weld. Or, Get one that slides OVEr both the pipe and new muffler and clamp.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:12 AM

I got some new questions up.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Default RE: magnaflow mufflers <NEW QUESTIONS>

ORIGINAL: cdfg

im looking into getting some of these just the muffler could i use these on my stock pipe? i have a1999 honda accord ex v6 4dr sedan. Also would they sound good on my car? thanks for the help. Another question would these mufflers sound better with an aftermarket pipe? I would like to keep my stock pipe on my car and just put the mufflers on, and would i get any hp gain from these? If so how much? thanks for all the help guys.
Since I don't know where the new questions start, I'll answer them all ..... even though some have been already.

1. The new muffler can be used on the stock pipe, just get the same size inlet as your pipe ..... otherwise an adapter will be needed.
2. What sounds pleasing to me may sound like garbage to you. We all have our own opinions. Listen on youtube .... or just try the link above
3. An aftermarket pipe will offer power gains as well as deepen the exhaust tone.
4. The muffler alone won't make much if any gain. The pipe is the largest restriction.
5. Little to none.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:25 PM

thank you very much for your help

Old 09-29-2008, 12:45 PM

No problem ..... please copy and paste your car info to the signature section in your profile for future referance .... it makes the whole posting threads for help thingy to be a bit easier .... thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: magnaflow mufflers <NEW QUESTIONS>