Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

magnaflow straigth flow?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 02:30 AM
Default magnaflow straigth flow?

how loud would you think a magnaflow straight flow muffler would be? would it be too loud or just right that it would not be toannoying for a daily driver?

Old 04-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Administrator
Default RE: magnaflow straigth flow?

I'm going to say that the sound would be all to personal preference, ie: some people like music blasting while others like the mellow tone of music..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-21-2007, 03:32 AM
Default RE: magnaflow straigth flow?

i understand what your saying Ang, i'm just wondering if anyone else has that type of muffler too and what they say about it. my stock muffler has that deep tone sound to it because it has a hole on the sideso it sounds sweet but also restrictive.i just hope that this muffler would not be too loud that i can wake neighbors with it. i'm getting it put on tomorrow so we'll see.anyway i still have my headers i need to put in. thanks again for your input Ang.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Default RE: magnaflow straigth flow installed!

had my magnaflow muffler with 2-1/4" piping and new resonator installed today! tell you what, its not as loud as my stock(because of a big hole)but it sure sound sweet,deep tone and not loud at all. one thing i notice though is that my rpm rangechanged.it seems that i could get up to speed in a lower rpm range compared to when i had my stockpiping. i wason 3100 rpm on 4th gear going 60-65mph and its not even revving high. 1st and 2nd gears were almost non-existent when accelerating. i have to watch out i don't go to fast through city streets cuz by the time i look down at my speedometer i'm already at 45 mph on a 35 without any problem,i'm not use to that.[&:]this is normal right? i also reset my ecm so it would recognize the new add on flow.i had to do that with my grand am when i had just the muffler replaced

Old 04-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

How loud is it? Audio clip?

I share your similar earlier concerns. I'm told Apexi has a low grumble..but if this works, then hell I'll go with the cheaper alternative.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:56 PM

sorry cannot supply audio clip, i do not have any means of doing so.but when you get close to it and listenwhile idling,it has that low rumble,then you press the gas and it gives that low deep tone but not loud sound.i'm greatly satisfied with it. the changes on my rpm range is what i like too. i bought the magnaflow from autoanything website for around $65.00, well worth it.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

sorry cannot supply audio clip
what are you a computer? :P just hold a cell phone next to it and hit record.

how much for the pipe job? [i'll see if my friend was lying to me]

Old 04-22-2007, 03:28 AM

ya i got the magnaflow catback exhaust and i love the sound on it....i was looking for a quiter exhaust as well cause i do alot of highway driving, and i noticed at higher speeds it almost sounds non existant with the exception of a little rumble. in the city it sounds great with a clean, deep sound.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:37 PM

thats just it! i don't even have that optionoh well... anyway the pipe job with new resonator and the tip cost me $220including tax.i guess that's pretty good.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:33 PM

Is it possible you could supply a sound clip? I'm really considering this setup as well. I just don't want something too loud. Been there done that with my previous car.

Quick Reply: magnaflow straigth flow?