Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Megan Racing exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Default Megan Racing exhaust?

http://autocityimports.com/9497-hond...iv-p-7461.html
is this a good exhaust? it says not loud, i want something that is pretty loud not like overly loud but enough.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:53 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Megan Racing exhaust?

I wish I would have gotten that. Megan is a pretty good brand.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:25 AM

Looks good for sure. But $300, I wouldn't pay that for my car lol. I just went with a custom catback and saved about $100 from what most people paid. After all, exhaust flow can only be improved so much...

Old 07-04-2007, 01:19 PM

how muc hwas ur exhaust pyaarawala

Old 07-04-2007, 02:41 PM

I spent $40 on the muffler, $60 on the cat, and $100 on the install. The reason why I had to get it done by someone else is because since it wasn't a catback system that went with the other parts, I had to get everything welded on. For example, if you buy that Megan racing catback, you can most likely do it yourself since it's a direct bolt on to your cat, and the muffler should be a direct bolt on or screw onto your piping. But in overall, yeah, I saved $100 and I didn't have to do it myself. Some people say that the way I did it is pointless and I should go with a name-brand catback like Apexi, Greddy, and Megan Racing. But my theory is that changing your catback isn't gonna improve much hp anyway. Just don't get ebay catbacks and mufflers and any catback is fine really.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:17 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

But you have to remember one thing. Most places that weld their own catbacks use junky piping. They usually will start to rust out within five years. So if you spend $100 more now...you wont have to keep getting new pipes welded on. Hence why name brand cat backs are more expensive...they use stainless steel or other types of rust proof/resistant piping.

Im not saying a custom job is bad, but if you get their junk pipes its a waste of money.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:38 PM

i think im just gunna go with megans and install it myself

Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Sounds good. Make sure you spray the bolts with WD-40 or Liquid Wrench as many times a day as you can for a few weeks in advance unless you plan to use a torch and cut them off.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:32 AM

k thanks

Old 07-08-2007, 11:17 PM

ive heard that the megan racing catback is pretty loud...
this is from hondacivicforum.com

"Megan Racing Drift Spec Cat-back: price- I paid $354. I couldnt find a better deal. Its $380 on Megans site. It comes with a silencer because it is really loud. It sounds good without the silencer, it just gets annoying on the freeway. This exhaust has a really nice deep throaty sound. Their site claims 10-15, but I would say 7-10. There is no raspinness at all. This is one of the cheapest name brand catbacks you will find, and its definately worth it."

i plan on getting the megan racing catback too

hope this helps

Quick Reply: Megan Racing exhaust?