Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Megan Racing Header question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Megan Racing Header question

Of the people that have had them, what is the general opinion on it, I mean I ask because it is effin cheap for a header and it looks alright, so I am sceptical.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Default RE: Megan Racing Header question

ORIGINAL: what

Of the people that have had them, what is the general opinion on it, I mean I ask because it is effin cheap for a header and it looks alright, so I am sceptical.
i chose one for my h22 if that means anything to you. took me weeks to decide on it.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies

yes, it does..... nice car, it's purdy.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Check into OBX as well. I think it is GREAT quality. No cracks, or leaks, or broken welds yet. It is sturdy and has a thick flange. The only thing about OBX headers is you need to get good gaskets before installing them. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

I have heard good and bad about Megan. But, I am simply recommending OBX because they are cheap and I have had personal experience with them. But Megan is probably a good brand too.

Go to the search and type in "OBX Header facts" and youll see a post I made. Itll give you alot of info.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:15 AM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Check into OBX as well. I think it is GREAT quality. No cracks, or leaks, or broken welds yet. It is sturdy and has a thick flange. The only thing about OBX headers is you need to get good gaskets before installing them. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

I have heard good and bad about Megan. But, I am simply recommending OBX because they are cheap and I have had personal experience with them. But Megan is probably a good brand too.

Go to the search and type in "OBX Header facts" and youll see a post I made. Itll give you alot of info.
take what you said, switch the words "OBX" and "Megan" around and you have my opinion. they are cheap, excellent quality, and they come with all their gaskets. ive heard better things from Megan, but i'm sure theyre both fine.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Just take it with a grain of salt. Megan and OBX do make questionable items, but I was lucky enough to get a rather fine quality product from OBX.

*pats headers*

Old 08-19-2007, 08:01 PM

i bought a obx r ceramic coated instead of megan . im pleased with it. thick flanges and nice welds .

Old 08-20-2007, 08:14 PM

i suggest you get the same thing for headers and exhaust. Let said you want a Megan headers you should get the whole pipe like exhaust cat and headers works better. That just me i dont like mix thing up like a OBX headers with some other cat and exhaust. Im saving up to get a greddy headers cat and exhaust. So my opinion.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:05 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Mixing brands wont cause any sort of adverse effects. I think its fine to get cheap headers...but for a cat and exhaust I would buy a good one. Why? Because those two things account for almost all of your sound, such as loudness and tone. They also get more prone to the weather, so rust is a big factor.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:42 PM

My friend got the megan headers for his civic and the seem pretty nice and you cant beat that price!

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Header question