Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

MimoUSA header?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:05 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default MimoUSA header?

Hey guys,
I am thinking about putting another header on my car. Not soon, but sometime. I dont want to deal w/ the ehadaches of having major exhausts leaks that sets off the CEL and gives me problems after problems lik my OBX ss header did. So I was wondering if you guys have heard of MimoUSA as I have never seen a header offered by them before. The reason I am interested is because it has a flex pipe unlike any other brand of header. I think removing the flex pipe when I put my WS2 makes my exhaust system leak b/c it can't flex at all. Heres the link, It is @ a bad angle though so I cant see where the O2 sensor hole is.

What are your opinions?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: MimoUSA header?

never heard of them before, but based off of the you get what you pay for principle they should be good.

may i also suggest a megan racing header

Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

It seems like I have heard of the brand but just cant place where.

I was looking at the Megan header b/c I have seen that you havent had any problems w/ it and also the JVT on on G5A they have reviewed. But the JVT header has only been on TSM's Accord for about 3 months and I had problems w/ my OBX header almost a year after. The reason this one is drawing my attention is because of the flex pipe. For some reason gaskets kept blowing on my OBX header. Does your cat back exhaust have a flex pipe like the OEM exhaust?

EDIT: I just looked at the picture again, and assuming that is the product, the o2 sensor hole is on the wrong side and there is a nipple sticking out of one of the primarys. Dont know what thats for. And now that I think about it, I think on G5A someone had a header w/ a flex pipe but its for a different motor and didnt bolt up right. Hmmm.........

Old 09-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

i know my h22 megan header has a flex pipe, but in the g5a store the one for the f22 doesnt......but it could just be the wrong one pictured, same thing with this one, it could be a picture of one for another car thats why the o2 port is on the wrong side(you could prob make that work even if its on a diff side)

Old 09-16-2008, 11:03 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hmmm, I wonder why some have them and others dont.

Alright, well thanks for the help! Looks like I will have to dive into it a bit more!

Old 09-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

I would PM TSM and ask if that one has one...............and then if it does, find somewhere else to buy form, I hate the g5a store

Old 09-16-2008, 11:20 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Good thinking. Thanks.
Why do you hate the G5A store? I would buy from there, but its to expensive.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

well the cost is one thing.

also every order i have placed there has taken at least a month to get, the longest being 3 months for a front lip i could have gotten on ebay for cheaper and had it within a week but wanted to support the store.

that and tsm likes to say some things that lean on false information to sell a product. like for example advising against a k series swap, because his shop only offers h series swaps.

1500 posts :-)

Old 09-16-2008, 11:30 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

lol Well I understand too.
Yeah, when I was getting info on an HID kit (thanks for all your help w/ that btw) he was recommending his kit, but I said I was going with a kit that had a lifetime warranty which he replied that no hid kit offers that warranty.

K series eh? That'd be awesome! Was the before you got the H or because it is messed up? Whats the update w/ that? Did the company that you bought the motor from offer any warranty? I would be extremely upset to say the least.

Congrats on reaching 1,500! Now only 1,535 to catch up to me![8D]

Old 09-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

nah the k-series was in reply to someone elses thread on there asking about a motor swap. Him and I just dont get along too well, i'm pretty sure hes been close to banning me before because i'm not afraid to argue with him, but i really dont care.

And a no go on the warrenty, i got it off craigslist in the ghetto so yeah.........I got a h22 build in mind that should start soon, i just gotta make the initial payment of $1100 to get a block sleeved, then its all cheaper from there.

and yeah damn you have a lot of posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MimoUSA header?