Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Modding A Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Modding A Sleeper

Nah, Im just saying...

If I wasnt hauling around beautiful women (aka usually dudes) in my car... id rock a single seat and no carpet.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

<Is doing all of the above^.

Already rocked the AC delete and stripped interior for a summer.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

-P/S delete is gonna be HORRENDUS for a dd.
-ABS delete is livable...just pump your brakes like WHAT YOU HAD TO DO BEFORE 1995. (didnt have ABS in my junker 90 camry)
-A/C delete is questionable (comfort during the summer...huge weight reduction though.)
-Stripped interior...DOH.
-1/4th tank...always there
- P/S delete - CHECK!
- A/C delete - CHECK! (and just drove down to Florida without it... not too shabby.)
- No ABS - CHECK! My 95 didnt have it, neither does my 99

And stripped always allows you to see the full beauty of the craftsmenship... machine and female

Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM

I think the biggest weight reduction I'm concentrating on right now is myself! If I can shed about 50 lbs, my car will even be faster! j/k Having no A/C in the summer helps as you will sweat more, having no ABA works as well b/c you will have keep pumping your foot!

I think the only mods I would do to make it a real sleeper are like finch13 said, suspension, brake and tire mods, then just get NOS! 75hp shot should be safe...right?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:21 PM

Tell me how is P/S delete?

The rest I can torrelate.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:26 PM

No P/S feels like power steering at any speed above 5 mph. You really have to muscle it to turn into/out of parking spaces... tight turns at any speed like to pull the wheel back to center, so you have to be careful. Pulling U-turns is a pain because the combination of speeding up into traffic while turning makes the wheel want to return to center soooo much more... you might just burn your palms doing it haha.

Right now I just have the pump out and the steering rack lines hanging there, when it gets warmer out Ill loop the in and outs on the rack together with a T going to the original fluid reservoir in the bay. That way, I can fill the rack with fluid, but it can also breath into the reservoir, otherwise the pressure builds and you can only get about 1 turn out of the wheel before the pressure is too high. And of course, filling the rack with new fluid will keep it properly lubed.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: finch13

You really want a sleeper? Return your car to stock form, get some thick sway bars and good suspension and follow up with a good shot of nitrous or a turbo. Theyll never see what passed them.

technically it is stock just a sri and muffler with tail pipe...so does it really needa go back to stock??....and no headers??...why??.....how much do the sway bars and suspension usually run me??

Old 01-05-2009, 04:26 PM

TL sway bars are cheaper than aftermarket and work well.If you really do want a sleeper...Highly recomend cutting doen on the nonsense and either build the motor from the bottom up/swap/or FI

Old 01-05-2009, 04:29 PM

By returning to stock, I mean cut out all of the nonsense appearance garbage that may be on there. No decals, no chrome bling, and some OEM alloys.

A sleeper is something that people can be stopped next to you at the stop light and think your just drivings moms car around and then you smoke them when the light turns green.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: cjdm98

TL sway bars are cheaper than aftermarket and work well.If you really do want a sleeper...Highly recomend cutting doen on the nonsense and either build the motor from the bottom up/swap/or FI
sounds good...jus gonna need some help doing it.....FI?? whats that....and the swap is weighing on my mind...

Quick Reply: Modding A Sleeper