Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

My 96 accord

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
xlogit3k
Unregistered
Default My 96 accord

Well im 16 and i just got my first car which is a Honda Accord 1996 sedan, it has about 115,000 miles on it and its a 5 speed manual. I just had the water pump and the timing belts replaced. They also replaced the valve cover gasket because it was leaking a bit. I just want to know a way to add a little extra power to my car for some fun. I plan on adding some type of new air intake, and probably lowering it a bit and getting some rims nto sure what size is best for my car. I will also want to get a stock accord spoiler i just like the look. What is some information you guys can give me thankss

Old 11-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Default RE: My 96 accord

What engine do you have f22b1 or f22b2? Fast easy way to add power is put in a light weight aluminum flywheel and a better clutch so it grabs while you beat your car and ride the clutch

Old 11-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

so putting a new clutch and flywheel in is fast an easy?

Please change your signature and your avatar. This is a family friendly site, for the most part, and obscenity and nudity is not acceptable.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 AM

LOL ..... yeah ..... you have to change the sig and pic ...... not saying that I don't like them, but Professor Birdman is correct.

As far as the clutch kit is concerned, I'd have my specialty tranny shop do the install, but I'd say it is probably the best bang for the buck ..... that and a nitrous setup ..... 50 shot, wet or dry would be safe for an F-series over 100k ...... it could probably handle 100 HP wet spray without any problems, but anything over 75 needs ignition retard. A 50 shot would give you more power than all of the NA bolt-on's that you could find other than maybe a camshaft. That may be another idea, but cost $$$.

For the best clutch/flywheel kits, look at Toda and Fidanza ...... Exedy is pretty good also from what I hear, but I'd do one of the first 2 brands.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 AM

Keep in mind to do the clutch you need to remove the transmission from the vehicle, or the engine. Not an easy job and you will spend a lot of money on labor if you get it done at a shop.
Cut the shifter, slap on a short shift adapter, intake, exhaust, maybe header (if you don't mind losing some low end torque.)

Old 11-08-2007, 01:25 PM

NOOOOOOO ....... we HATE headers on 4 cylinder engines remember Jon ..... you started the club!!! [/size]

Old 11-08-2007, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

LOL ..... yeah ..... you have to change the sig and pic ...... not saying that I don't like them, but Professor Birdman is correct.
*ROFL* Professor birdman.... that's great....

I find it interesting that we have all sorts of members now who catch this stuff and mention it. I pm'd him already but he's offline.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

NOOOOOOO ....... we HATE headers on 4 cylinder engines remember Jon ..... you started the club!!!
Well...if I was going to do autoX or something I would have a header. Some people like top end power and don't mind losing it. It does make the engine bay look better. I have thought about adding them to the LX, but I don't think I ever will. I think I'll just leave the LX like it is (maybe I'll chop the shifter) and try to drive it till it reaches 500k. Sometime in the middle maybe I will buy a fast "toy" to mod & play with.