Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

namebrand intake vs nobrand

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by jasonfridlund
a good name brand like AEM, Injen, K&N or Fujita is always going to be more reliable than a no-brand intake.
They go through hours and hundreds(at least) of dollars of research to come up with something to yield the most power while still keeping the car functional.
x28967645467

Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

the biggest issue with the cheap intakes is fit and finish. you don't want air leaks, you don't want it bending/breaking easily. you don't want the finish flaking off inside and getting in your engine, etc. overall strength is different between brand name and ebay as well. if everything fits correctly, and you use a quality filter, the cheap tubes work. but you get what you pay for.

there won't be a performance difference, but overall life and quality are certainly different.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

should be either 2.5" or 3"... make sure the tube has a little tube that aims at the head of the engine so you can connect the breather to that.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by ryaann
yea i see your point but do you think that no brand intakes are still reliable?

does anyone have a no-brand intake that can vouch? im trying to save money 8)

but worst things worst, i want the best for my car so ill invest in a nicer one
Please Type In English

Yo i think that i got a eBay one cause its a tube looks like a tube is a tube tube tube tube ... with no logos or anything on it. its real cheap lookin too. n e way... it does the job, definitley loud when you rev, 2K RPM okay... 3K yeaaaa... 4K waaaoowww... 5K deeeeaaaaaammmmmmm... 6K im goin deaf!!!! u will feel nice performance gains when that V-TEC KICKS IN YA DIGG!!(that for me in my 2001 Honda accord-ex is around 3500) ... yea its got a cheap filter on it too. one you can buy at your local auto-store. its called SPECTRE. like $20. But don;t do that heeaaaall no. go with K&N its the beaaeaassttist.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:47 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

can't even read half the stuff in here

Old 03-04-2010, 09:20 PM

i have a cheap pip with a bombz racing filter and i get great power out of it

Old 03-04-2010, 11:27 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

bomz racing is the same as any other no name ebay product. change the filter.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:41 PM

well i have a aem filter but i wasnt gonna put it on until the weather dries up along with my tube extension but i was jus givin input as to the fact that i have a cheap on on my 95 accord and its been pretty great

Old 03-05-2010, 11:50 AM

Word of experience: make sure your battery connections are not leaking battery acid. Both my AEM dryflow filter (sitting dirty in a box in my garage) and my K&N filter (currently on the car and dirty as well) have spots on them that were melted a little by battery acid. I guess I need to replace my stupid battery but I am too cheap. There aren't any holes int he filter, it's just kind of melted together where it touches the battery.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by 01Accord01
Yo i think that i got a eBay one cause its a tube looks like a tube is a tube tube tube tube ... with no logos or anything on it. its real cheap lookin too. n e way... it does the job, definitley loud when you rev, 2K RPM okay... 3K yeaaaa... 4K waaaoowww... 5K deeeeaaaaaammmmmmm... 6K im goin deaf!!!! u will feel nice performance gains when that V-TEC KICKS IN YA DIGG!!(that for me in my 2001 Honda accord-ex is around 3500) ... yea its got a cheap filter on it too. one you can buy at your local auto-store. its called SPECTRE. like $20. But don;t do that heeaaaall no. go with K&N its the beaaeaassttist.
wtf did you say?...hope you were drunk.

I THINK HE WAS WHATEVER

Quick Reply: namebrand intake vs nobrand