Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Need Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Default Need Your Opinion

I just recently purchased a 2006 Accord Coupe V6 and I want to get exhaust, cold air intake or short ram air, and header. What are your suggestions on the best products to buy. I really dont have a budget right now but not looking to break the bank so any help on what products give the best bang for the buck would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Default RE: Need Your Opinion

Personally i would go with a megan racing cat-back, i have a megan racing muffler on my car and it sounds great!! As far as headers, everyone on here likes the OBX, but get a different gasket for them. As far as short ram or cold air, either or, AEM is good, but personally i got a cheapintake from autozone and got anAEM dryflow filter, personally this wasn't my best investment and it doesn't fit good so i am going to put the stock one back on and maybe later go with an AEM cold air. Or, get one off ebay and get a different filter for it, like the AEM dryflow or K&N.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Exhaust depends on what sound you want. For a really low, mellow tone, I would recommend Apexi WS2. For a really deep, but slightly louder exhaust, the Greddy Evo 2 is a good one.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think anyone makes headers for the 06 and newer V6 yet...

As for intake, if you want brand name, AEM or Injen are the best. Or you could do as 1996AccordLX suggested and get a cheaper one off of eBay and then put on a good filter. Several people on here have done the same with good results. One thing you might want to look into if you do go the cold air intake route is a bypass valve. A lot of people say its a waste of money, but its $45 that virtually guarantees you wont suck water into your engine and hydrolock it. I personally would rather spend the $45 and not worry about it than not spend it and have the chance to ruin my engine. However, if you get an SRI you wont need it. Its up to you.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the input. I was thinking about going with Greddy on the exhaust because my friend has one on his civic and it sounds really good. I'm looking for that deeper sound and definitely not the rice burner sound. I was unaware that nobody has made headers for the 06 and newer V6's. I will keep looking around and post any info I come across. As far as intake goes, which do you think is better...the Cold Air intake or the Short Ram intake?

Old 05-09-2007, 09:24 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong but there really aint that much difference. The cold air is going to bring in cooler air becasue it's not sittign in the engine bay, but it's only about 2-3 more horses over the short ram. Short ram imo is easier to put in. so it's up to you

Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 AM

I'm sure you are correct about this. I am pretty new to all this info so thats why I joined this forum. Thanks again for all the help. I think I will just go with the SRI for the easy install and it's cheaper. Now onto deciding about the exhaust.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:12 AM

I believe the exhaust manifold is cast into the block as in one piece. It can't be removed which is why there are no exhaust headers available.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the info. Might be a crazy question but I am new to this stuff........So the engine will be fine if I just get an exhaust and SRI without changing the headers?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: 1996AccordLX

Personally i would go with a megan racing cat-back, i have a megan racing muffler on my car and it sounds great!! As far as headers, everyone on here likes the OBX, but get a different gasket for them. As far as short ram or cold air, either or, AEM is good, but personally i got a cheapintake from autozone and got anAEM dryflow filter, personally this wasn't my best investment and it doesn't fit good so i am going to put the stock one back on and maybe later go with an AEM cold air. Or, get one off ebay and get a different filter for it, like the AEM dryflow or K&N.
And this dosent sound like one of those fart exausts does it Kuz i hate tose things and i need to get a good exaust for my car

Old 05-09-2007, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: 94Honda

ORIGINAL: 1996AccordLX

And this dosent sound like one of those fart exausts does it Kuz i hate tose things and i need to get a good exaust for my car
they make different kinds of exhausts too, i have the N-1 style muffler and it has a very deep sound to it, i don't know i think it sounds pretty badass

and my friend has a cat-back on his integra and it isn't very loud, but it's loud enough if you know what i mean and it sounds great too

Quick Reply: Need Your Opinion