Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

New Forum Amatuer Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Default New Forum Amatuer Owner

I am new to the forum gig and heard this was the place to tap the knowlegde of many accord lovers who have gone before me. I have a 1998 Accord Coupe 4 cyl 5 spd vtec and want to get started on some modifications. I've got Fuzion HRis on the way and want to install the basic headers, cat, exaust, intake bit. I intend to do it myself and am looking for advice on brands & performance.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Default RE: New Forum Amatuer Owner

Quick question from a Rookie, 98 Accord Coupe - What Gen is that?

Old 05-18-2005, 04:37 PM

98-02 Accords are 6th Gens

Good brands for a 4cyl. 6th Gen

Intake: AEM, Injen, K&N...it's just pipe in my eyes. It's the filter that really matters.

Exhaust: Greddy, A'pexi, Tanabe, Magnaflow

Headers: DC

Old 05-18-2005, 05:16 PM

Sixth Gen Accord All-time favorite affordable ride. I
can get a sweet deal on AEM cold air intake for $125 and I agree that its all got to be pipe on the exaust as long as it is welded right.

Should I be skeptical of DC-style headers or, being as its all pipe, is it a safe bet.

Is there any value in replacing the catalytic converter?

ON the exhaust - any knowledge on which would be quieter ? (sounds stupid but I don't need the attention, just the added 8-10hp

Sorry to pick you're brain, but since your on and anwer most questions . .

(dang that 4 size font was big)

Old 05-18-2005, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: nrangerfan

Sixth Gen Accord All-time favorite affordable ride. I
can get a sweet deal on AEM cold air intake for $125 and I agree that its all got to be pipe on the exaust as long as it is welded right.

Should I be skeptical of DC-style headers or, being as its all pipe, is it a safe bet.

Is there any value in replacing the catalytic converter?

ON the exhaust - any knowledge on which would be quieter ? (sounds stupid but I don't need the attention, just the added 8-10hp

Sorry to pick you're brain, but since your on and anwer most questions . .

(dang that 4 size font was big)
No prob, I listed the top two quietest aftermarket exhaust for your car 1. Comptech 2. A'pexi
Replacing the cat of course frees the air flow, but at emissions cost. 10hp from an exhaust won't happen with our cars. Ditching the cat, works alot better with turbo, otherwise keep it stock and wait until you need to change it and get a Carsound. I'll answer what I can.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:15 PM

Good choice on a car man, aem cold air for 125 bucks is a good deal defiantly take it, Exhaust wise id go with the Apexi ws ( nearly stock sounding unles you stomp it ) or the Rs R looks almost stock expect for the pretty crome tip ( also super silent) or you can go my route and get a greddy evo2 nice sound not annoying and doesnt attract attention unless your driving like you stole the car. Personally i wouldnt buy any header that is DC style either get the real DC or even Greddy headers there are a bit expensive but i basically trust anything from greddy.

Old 05-19-2005, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: jayhova804

Good choice on a car man, aem cold air for 125 bucks is a good deal defiantly take it, Exhaust wise id go with the Apexi ws ( nearly stock sounding unles you stomp it ) or the Rs R looks almost stock expect for the pretty crome tip ( also super silent) or you can go my route and get a greddy evo2 nice sound not annoying and doesnt attract attention unless your driving like you stole the car. Personally i wouldnt buy any header that is DC style either get the real DC or even Greddy headers there are a bit expensive but i basically trust anything from greddy.
Greddy doesn't make a header for a 6th Gen.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:14 AM

so it looks like DC is the way to go. It seems that the only way to go is the way everyone else goes performance-wise, is that the case?

Old 05-19-2005, 11:27 AM

It's more like the DC is the only available for your car that has been proven. Other have been used, but no techies have given comments.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:51 AM

I would recommend a Remus exhaust, its what i use and i am thouroughly impressed. There is NONE of that annoying dull loud exhaust sound, its really quiet. - although it costs a bit more.

what gen is a 94 accord then? 2nd? 3rd?

Quick Reply: New Forum Amatuer Owner