Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

New to the game

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Truckd08
Unregistered
Default New to the game

Hey wassup everyone. Truckd08 here, just got an 08 accord coupe EXV6, don't know anything, but trying to get a nice sound and some horse power to. Saw some videos on the web.
The question is what kind of muffler system should i get, and what kind of intake should i get if there is any out there

Old 09-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Administrator
Default RE: New to the game

Hello new member..Thank You for joining up with us..
You posted this mostly in the wrong forum , so I will move it to the correct forum..please post your posts in the correct forums for your questions..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 09-03-2008, 10:38 PM

hey, first of all welcome to HAF!!

well im not sure if there's an aftermarket exhaust system already for your car...cuz its still new...i guess if you can have a local exhaust shop custom make you an exhaust system...

as for intake, i think theres not much intake system out there yet but here are some...K&N, AEM, and Fujita (still a prototype..dunno if they'r actually selling it already..)..but these brands that i just said are some of the top brands out there..quality and performance...

Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Truckd08
Unregistered

I dunno i saw this video on youtube, this kid hade a magnaflow on his, another kid hade an intake system to. i don't know anything about these things, but i want to learn badly and i want to get some power. if you have any info about anything out there please let me know.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:56 PM

dunno if this was the vid that you were looking at..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1DTMgujSZI

but if you look at the comments he said that its just a custom setup with magnaflow mufflers..

" daymeon2 [/align] [/align] Sorry for not replying for a while. This is just a custom set up with 2 magnaflow mufflers and the first resonator cut out. Cost was about $300 and then an extra $150 for the tips. This is canadian currency. I will get more vids up really soon. [/align]"
so im guessing what he really got i think is a magnaflow mufflers at the end of the exhaust system and those pipings for the exhaust system was custom made....

btw i checked magnaflow's site..found this...dunno if its a complete cat-back system tho...i still think you got to custom make your pipings...but i might be wrong..

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ll&id=3677

Old 09-06-2008, 09:01 PM

Well, I know for a fact that new Accord V6s put out some nice performance numbers, around 240hp. It'll run 14s in the 1/4mile easily.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Truckd08
Unregistered

Yo Thanks for the info man, that was the exact video i talked about.
I have a friend with a shop i will try to find out also on his side, he specializes in honda and accura. It seems its to early to get after market parts for this ride.
I guess i will modify the looks. some dude told me about 3bspec.com for HID conversion kits, chek it out let me know if its legit.

Sid

Old 09-10-2008, 03:35 PM

no prob bro...glad to help...yeah thats what i really think too..its still a new car and there aren't really alotof aftermarket parts out there for your car yet..

ill check it out later cuz i still gotta do somthing...=D