Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

New Muffler installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Default New Muffler installation

Hey all,

I am in need of a muffler. I purchased my car from my wife's sister and when I first turned it on I thought it just had an aftermarket muffler that made a nice rumble. Apparently there just is no muffler anymore. She told me it fell off one day when she was driving..

So seeing as it's illegal to not have one I want to get this taken care of as soon as possible. My question is, is this something that can be taken care of relatively quickly? Is it something I can do myself? It doesn't seem too complicated. I could take some pictures of what the car does have and maybe get some suggestions on what it would need to get a muffler on? Or is this just something better taken care of by a car guy at a car shop?

Thank you for any feedback! I always appreciate it guys!

Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

I'd get the pipe and muffler and replace it all. There is a "bolted" part just in front of the right/pass rear tire. Two bolts, a couple of rubber hangers and it is out. Install the new in reverse and doe....pretty simple, I've done this a few times on a 3rd gen.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 PM

So does the end of the muffler that goes near the right/passenger rear tire have any sort of seal that would be complicated? or is it just one pipe connecting to the other? It seems pretty straight forward but just curious before I actually get under there and then firgure out I can't do anything.