Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Nice Loud Muffler Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Exclamation Nice Loud Muffler Suggestions?

Hi,
I have recently purchased a 2006 Honda Accord EX 4cyl 2.40cl. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions for a nice loud sounding muffler to go on just a stock catback exhaust system. I have heard that skunk2 is nice, but I want something that will turn heads when cruising down the street. Also if anyone can link me to a good bodykit website it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Conner

Old 08-22-2011, 01:59 AM
Administrator
Thumbs up I Know These Are Pretty Loud

And also that they are pretty darn good looking mufflers...

Interested? E-maiul me by clicking onto my name...

Click on the image!

Attached Thumbnails Nice Loud Muffler Suggestions?-pt1004_2.jpg  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Supper Moderator

just go str8 pipe. That will be very loud. OR just buy a ebay fart can...

Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Supper Moderator

...or install a electric dump tube be4 your cat. Looks like you have a full stock exhaust and when you want to be loud you can run open header. Just don't be cocky and do it around cops...they will nab you in a heartbeat.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:09 AM

Hopefully the police will give you a ticket for disturbing the peace. Why do the rest of us have to suffer?

Old 08-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Supper Moderator

if it's under 100bd cops can't do a thing. and I have yet to come across a cop who carries a db reader in their car…and a cop legally can’t hold you there longer than it take to write a ticket.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by tradosaurus
Hopefully the police will give you a ticket for disturbing the peace. Why do the rest of us have to suffer?
Cops have all but given up on writing noise violations to cars out here. As G22 said, not a single one carries a db meter in their car. And even if they did, they would need to be calibrated and tested regularly. The cost of regular testing and calibration of db meters would far exceed what they would make on the tickets for them. Not to mention the fact that outdoors is not a controlled environment so you can't get a definitive db reading. It would be an amazingly easy ticket to contest because it would be a wishy-washy reading and would just waste the time of police officers who have far better things to do with taxpayers money.

In response to the OP, what kind of "loud" do you want? There's that classic BRAP BRAP loud of a cheap 4" outlet muffler and then there's the mellow low tone of name brand goodness. Wheelbroker, what brand is that muffler? I can't quite make it out from the photo.

Last edited by Peli; 08-22-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:17 PM

A: You could run straight pipe, no cat,no resonator, no muffler. B: you can buy some cheap Ebay exhaust which make alot of noise but not gaining any hp. C: Keep everything stock and gutted the muffler out, like cut it open and remove the baffle out then reweld it shut, it will make alot of noise but still looking stock :-)

Old 08-22-2011, 10:06 PM

Thanks for all of the responses and tips guys!

To answer Peli I want it to sound somewhat similar to the exhaust in this video:

2008 Honda Civic Si kidd racing header skunk2 exhaust intake tune fly by - YouTube

Old 08-22-2011, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by TheBoy
Thanks for all of the responses and tips guys!

To answer Peli I want it to sound somewhat similar to the exhaust in this video:

2008 Honda Civic Si kidd racing header skunk2 exhaust intake tune fly by - YouTube
You can get a sound like that with a cheap eBay 4" outlet muffler. You could also see what WheelBroker's price and sound is like, his is probably better quality than what you'll get on eBay.

Quick Reply: Nice Loud Muffler Suggestions?