Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

OBX fitment 94-97

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Default OBX fitment 94-97

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem when installing OBX headers on their 94-97 accord.... for 1 the header isnt long enough on the bottom section its about an inch and a half too short... secondly the bracket thats supposed to use 2 bolts to bolt up to the back of the block is about 3 inches from the actual holes... third the O2 sensor wouldnt stretch over to the hole in the downpipe... if anyone else had these problems please tell me why i am experiencing them and or if it is because my car is a 2 door instead of 4? its a 97 SE....

Old 02-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Default RE: OBX fitment 94-97

wow I just put up a post on some OBX headers... just got them after a long week of waiting for them... But I did get the right Year and make for my car..... sure hope I dont have that problem... Did you order for a 4 door????

Old 02-02-2007, 08:48 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I didnt have any problems with mine except with the O2 sensor. I have a 97 LX. My original o2 sensor was stuck in the oem manifold so I had to get a new one. It wasnt long enough to reach the downpipe so I had to unbolt the bracket that holds the connection between the o2 senor wires and the car wires, and it barely fits. Works perfectly though. Are you sure its ok with the Special Edition model? When I bought mine I dont ever recall them being for the SE model.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 PM

There was no option as far as 2 door/4door and it DID say that it would fit SE... Im real dissapointed...

Old 02-02-2007, 09:47 PM

the O2 sensor problem doesn't suprise me... different sensors have different wiring on occasion but that's easy enough to overcome with a solder iron and some wire.... the hole fitment on the other hand leads me to believe the sent you the wrong ones, I'd check the part # and if need be possibly call OBX and/or the person who sold them to you... sorry to hear about that man hopefully it works out... this is the first time I've heard of someone having a problem so please let us know what happens...

Old 02-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Hi BLuE...
About your OBX Headers! Did you purchase the Thunder 500 Stainless Steel Headers and if you did , what is the stock number on youe box's you recieved .

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 02-03-2007, 05:16 PM

The number on the OBX sticker on the side of the box reads H9497 exhaust manifold 94-97 accord stainless steel is exact words.... I took it to local exhaust shop and guy hooked me up for 150 bucks he put 2 1/2 in strait pipe all the way back did away the cat anddrilled in my O2 sensor. So now my car is really OBNOXIOUSLY loud... upside is the car runs 10 times better and even got a 2nd gear scratch and its an automatic!!! Id say i gained at least 10hp from the header and exhaust combo and im really pleased except for the fact people look at me strange when my car gets above 3 grand on the tach (thats when the muffler starts to make the obnoxious sound!) Ill probably buy one of those big import mufflers and HOPE to god it baffles the sound... right now its a 40series dual outlet flowmaster... i need a REALLY low muffler any suggestions guys? I think its too loud because of the exhaust having no restrictions on it now... it sounds really open and im goin for a low deep tone... WHICH IT IS NOT!!!!

Old 02-04-2007, 01:54 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Im glad it worked out! I would suggest the Apexi WS2 for a low and quiet exhaust. Its to quiet for me though. Good luck bro!

Old 02-04-2007, 02:34 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Is the WSII the right size though? I was thinking the Apexi was 2.25 inch, where he said his exhaust is a 2.5 inch straight pipe. Maybe Im all jacked up though.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:57 AM

Ya i dont need the full exhaust i just need the muffler... wonder if they sell it seprate... Ill have to look it up...

Quick Reply: OBX fitment 94-97