Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

obx header for a v6...worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Default obx header for a v6...worth it?

So I have been thinking about purchasing a race type header from OBX for my 2006 accord v6. has anyone used this particular item, and does anyone know if it will cause my check engine light to come on? it has the bungs for the o2 sensors, but I have heard that might not matter. and further I've heard it can make your car run worse. anyone got an answer?

heres a link to the specific item so you can see what I am talking about
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-0...spagenameZWDVW

Old 07-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Default RE: obx header for a v6...worth it?

They may call it an exhaust header but it doesn't look like any I've ever seen. It appears that it replaces the pipes leaving the exhaust manifolds and leading to the cat. I don't see any advantage to it myself. It says that it may cause the CE light to come on.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

RTex, that's because we're so used to seeing 4 bangers get headers! :P

Erm, with exhaust headers...it's your call. It seems it would increase performance slightly because its a straight-flow design....but you're asking the wrong guy. I have a 4 cylinder....

Old 07-27-2007, 09:10 PM
diabloisian
Unregistered

headers are never really worth it on the small level. You will get maybe afew hp across the rpm band but nothing really noticeable. I would spend the money on something else besides headers, just my personal opinion from what I've learned.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:34 PM

well... you all make points, but sorry not much help (nothing personal) i'm the dummy who is asking the questions. ok, with my motor the actual header is cast into the head, so there is no actual header. this is the collector from the heads. so in essence it becomes the header. and i plan on doing a catback, and high flow cat. but those are plans. what i need to know is will my check engine light come on, even if i re-install the o2 sensors? the header here replaces the collector which contains a cat. I want the whole exhaust to flow. this is the first step

Old 07-27-2007, 11:10 PM

If you are gonna do the whole exhaust for your vehicle, you might as well complete the setup. My 2 cents.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:21 PM

yeah 03sleeper my thoughts exactly, but what i want to know is what that will effect? if i do the whole thing, i will have my CE light come on, and cannot get a proper inspection. and furthermore i have heard a full exhaust can make your computer think there is something wrong with your car, and make it run worse. and if that is the case, i want to know how far i can go

Old 07-27-2007, 11:45 PM

Well, as long as everything is done correctly it shouldn't damage the car. Just reset the ECU by unplugging the positive terminal of your battery (have radio codes in hand just in case) and let it idle for 10 minutes. The CE light should not come on if the 02 sensors are properly reinstalled...you may/may not have to extend or get a new 02 sensor ( i didnt...no CE light for me).

Old 07-27-2007, 11:50 PM

well if and when i get some cashflow ( just bought a couple of things already) that is my next step. but if anyone knows for sure let me know

Old 07-28-2007, 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

RTex, that's because we're so used to seeing 4 bangers get headers! :P

Erm, with exhaust headers...it's your call. It seems it would increase performance slightly because its a straight-flow design....but you're asking the wrong guy. I have a 4 cylinder....
I installed my first exhaust headers in the late 1960's so I've seen a few. It was a V-8 Chevy small block.

Quick Reply: obx header for a v6...worth it?