Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

OBX headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Default OBX headers

I just got my obx ceramic header from ebay today. I m goin to get the Gasket from autozone tmr. But before i install it, i have this question cuz somehow i feel like this is not an obx header. Does it suppose to say OBX headers on the header? Is there should be any labels on the header?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: OBX headers

I'm not sure if mine are marked or not. It's been a few years that they've been on my car and mine are wrapped ..... sort of (falling/burning apart). I wouldn't expect many clones for OBX since they are the cheap brand. I bought my headers partially because at the time, OBX was getting sued by Comptech for stealing their design. I looked at a bunch of photos and didn't see a nameplate on any of them which makes sense since the extra metal or imprinting would cause uneven heating and shorten the part's life.

Also, you've been here longer than me, but don't have a valid signature ..... please fix that before your next post.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:47 PM

thx for the reply. i will just install it tmr since i m waiting for the gasket from autozone.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:29 PM

Good luck & thanks for fixing the sig. Are those TYC black projectors? That's what I have and they look great with the H1 HID upgrade!

Old 09-06-2007, 03:57 PM

The OBX Ceramic Headers do not have an OBX label on it. I have the same thing and didn't notice it until a cousin of mine pointed it out. I was laughed at by a bunch of my cousins because they all said I bought an eBay brand header. I got so pissed and verified with OBX themselves the seller I purchased it from. The seller was a verified seller for years and they told me themselves that they don't label their ceramics, and that many other people like me called them. I went back to my cousins' faces and told them the story lol. Felt a lot better.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:54 PM

now i feel relieved. for a sec, i thought that i got the ebay brand header. lol. mine is not the TYC black projector. I have been looking for those kinds of headlights but i dun think they have it for my year, 95. For my next upgrade, should i go for the BOMZ underdrive pulley? I dun wanna install the catback yet, cuz with the catback, i dun think my car gonna pass the smog check. Thx for the replies! even though i have been a member here for long, i still need to learn a lot of stuffs.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:20 AM

Personally I wouldn't trust BOMZ for pulleys. From my research, I found that UR is the best. The AEM's are also good, but the lighten and underdrive only the accessory pulleys. The UR's lighten the accessory pulleys and lighten the crank as well (you can get underdriven or not, I underdrive). The largest gains are from lightening the crank pulley, so UR is the way to go. As mentioned, just doing the crank pulley will give most of the gains, so if you want to do this but also want to stay cheap, do just the crank from UR.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:30 PM

So frankiexthedorkand pyaarawalawhen you guys got your OBX header from ebay, they didnt give you all the parts you need? Like frank said he have to get a gasket from auto zone. Can you just use the old gasket? And is OBX header are carb exemp? and can you give me the name of the seller pyaara?

thanks guys i was thinking of getting an OBX headers off ebay too

Old 09-07-2007, 02:35 PM

it does come with the OBX gasket but those gasket have cheap quality. thats y i got another gasket from autozone and i spent extra 20 bucks. OBX headers are not carb exempt. If u want the carb exempt, go with DC sports headers.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 PM

hey falkore, where did u get ur UR pulley? i wanna try it too. Thanks

Quick Reply: OBX headers