Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

OBX Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Default OBX Headers

Hi there...

I'm thinking about OBX headers but before I spend the real money on them I'd like to know a few things. First, are they as easy to install as I think? (Take of the shield, take off the old and put on the new)
Second, is my car going to fail emissions tests?
Third, is my car going to be annoyingly loud at idle/cruising speed?

Thanks,
Hope to hear from you all soon!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Default RE: OBX Headers

Yes they are just that simple to install, should take less than hour. Before you start buy a new gasket since people who have bought OBX before say the supplied gasket is of low quality. Secondly other persons have said they did not have an C.A.R.B exemption sticker supplied, in which case without it you would fail the visual portion of the inspection. Depending on how cool the guy doing your inspection is he might be willing to pass you if it still passes the operational portion, but some will not even run it if it fails the visual. AEM supplies the exemption stickers, but their headers cost as much as 4x the amount of OBX. Thirdly, some people say the car is a bit louder, others do not, unfortunately it's really up to you to figure that out, since your idea of annoyingly loud is different than another persons.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:23 PM

I did a write up on the obx header instalation in this section. Check that out, it may be helpful

ORIGINAL: sssexy70

Hi there...

I'm thinking about OBX headers but before I spend the real money on them I'd like to know a few things. First, are they as easy to install as I think? (Take of the shield, take off the old and put on the new)
Second, is my car going to fail emissions tests?
Third, is my car going to be annoyingly loud at idle/cruising speed?

Thanks,
Hope to hear from you all soon!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:05 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Yeah its pretty easy, and def. upgrade the gaskets. Be sure to tighten the studs and nuts for the first couple of months on a reg. schedule. I cant say how loud it is b/c my intake over powers it. And to save time, be sure you spray down all the nuts n such with WD-40 or liquid wrench to get them loose a few weeks in advance. This will probably cause some smoke to come out under your hood when driving though! lol

Old 04-28-2007, 06:22 PM

Ok, big thing here, if I can't afford gaskets will the ones that come with survive? If not, how much are new gaskets and how do I fine some?

Old 04-28-2007, 08:58 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Mine held up for 8 months...and that was without tightening them since installation. The best gasket is about $17 @ Autozone/Advance and it is actual metal with lifted rings to seal it. I bought the next one down b/c thats the only one they had and its a Felpro (spelling) which is a good brand as well.
Because you cant get the gasket where the 2 pieces of the headers meet other than online, I bought a sheet of Mr. Gasket gasket, traced the ould gasket, cut it out and then put a layer of red high temp. silicone and its worked out awesomely.

If you dont get new gaskets, just be sure to tighten them once a week for the first couple of months

Old 04-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if you can afford the headers, you can afford the gaskets.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:34 AM

Does cardomain have these gaskets? $17 is alright... just where do i get it from?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The best gasket is about $17 @ Autozone/Advance

Old 04-29-2007, 02:09 PM

I'm an idiot... but, I went there now and noticed that they're only in the USA... I live in Canada... will I find one on like e-bay?

Quick Reply: OBX Headers