Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

obx headers and high flow cat quality parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Default obx headers and high flow cat quality parts?

I have found obx headers and a high flow cats for reasonable prices on ebay. They appear to be good quality parts. I was wondering if anyone had used these parts. Thanks

Old 07-28-2006, 06:20 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: obx headers and high flow cat quality parts?

I just had my OBX headers installed on my 97 a couple weeks ago. So far I like them and noticed an improvement though I did install the Apexi ws2 at the same time. So far im liking them! Oh and btw, my o2 sensor was stuck in my old manifold and it cost about $140 at CarQuest to replace for a Bosch one. And most high flow cats dont have a hole for an o2 sensor (at least the ones i've seen which included the OBX one) so you would either have to drill one yourself or go without it.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:28 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Oh yeah, and before I purchased anything many people seemed to like the OBX products. Heres my post from earlier.

Headers

Hope that helps.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:47 PM

Thanks for the advice i will likely go with the obx products after all of the positive comments i have seen on them. Also how is the apexi ws2 exhaust you installed. I am deciding between the ws2 or the greddy evo2. I am just wondering how loud the apexi is and how the install went with the obx parts since i have a similar generation accord. Thanks for all the help.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:36 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey! No problem at all. I like the gains I felt, though I cant really hear my exhaust My intake is to loud and overtakes it. It seems as if we were thinking the same thing though! I also was interested in the Evo 2 but I couldnt really find much info and in the video clips i've seen it was way to loud. I wanted an exhaust I could hear, but one that wouldnt get me in trouble with the police. The WS2 does sound good when I had a friend drive my car and I stood outside.
Here are some vids that I found but they are revving their engines pretty high.

WS2

I actually had Midas install it as my parents wouldnt let me but it wasnt a problem at all for them. Total cost was $381 but that did include a new o2 Bosch sensor whih was about 160 bucks.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:51 PM

The only problem you will find with installing the exhaust is getting those bolts off the stock exhaust parts. Use plenty of WD40 or liquid wrench the day before and spray all of them down really well, then apply some more before trying to pry the bolts off the day of. With the bolts on the cat, I had to use a long handled wrench and use my foot to loosen it...I mean, those things were on there. If you have any questions feel free to ask, though it is a pretty straight forward install.

As for the WS2 itself, install was a breeze once I got the stock exhaust off and everything fit perfectly (01 accord). Good quality stuff. I've had mine probably a little under 6months without any hint of a problem.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:05 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I agree with the spraying, I started spraying the bolst and some of the rubber hangers with liquid wrench. Though sometimes when I let off the gas and my rpms go down, it makes a weird noise, or when I put it in reverse...ill have to check it out soon

Old 07-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I've heard headers cancel your car's warranty though...

Old 07-31-2006, 12:30 AM

The warranty i`m sure is long gone on my 96 but, it is a good thing to keep in mind for newer cars. I`ll buy the parts soon I`m just looking for the cheapest price on the ws2 the lowest i have seen is 450 shipping combined. I heard the prices on apexi and greddy parts have risen recentely but if anyone knows a cheaper site please let me know. Thanks for the help i am almost 17 so advice from someone of a similar age is very helpful.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:13 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Does anyone else know if headers cancel your cars warranty? Mine still has the one where if the check engine light comes on they will fix it for free and i get a freet tune up between now and 150,00 miles. Oh and Bpo im almost 18 lol I got my exhaust off ebay four around 430 but was p/o'd because I had gotten if off importtuner.com for $395 and when they got more in stock then the price went up

Quick Reply: obx headers and high flow cat quality parts?