Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

P2R TBS plus thermal gaskets "new member"

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Default P2R TBS plus thermal gaskets "new member"

Hi all. I apologize as I am positive this topic exist elsewhere on the forum, but I searched and could not find what I was looking for.

I just joined the forum today, and purchased my 2012 Accord Ex-l V6 Sedan two weeks ago. I am very familiar with Honda's as this is my 8th Honda vehicle, but 1st six cylinder.

I had the P2R TBS plus gaskets ( TB and IMG ) on a 2008 Civic Si Sedan, and was impressed enough that I went ahead and just purchased all of these for my new v6 Accord that only has 900 miles since new.

My question is regarding the known oil burn issues of most Honda engines but specifically the V6 in my Accord, how does the V6 engine respond to the spacer / gaskets?

1. Have members with the V6 and who have installed the spacer plus gaskets noticed increased oil consumption from the increased air flow and cooler charge, or no difference?

2. Any known long term negative's from using these products?

FYI - I ordered both sets of gaskets ( IMG plus TB ) as well as the spacer, and plan on using the stock intake system. This car is 99.9% used for work purposes only, and I feel for the $154 which included shipping, the increased throttle response plus hp/trq that these products are known for making was a no brainier.

Thanks for any input and again I apologize if beating a dead horse!

Ryan