Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

received headers from ebay but....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:35 AM
Default received headers from ebay but....

got my headers in from ebay but i'm concerned about the way it would fit in my car. i believed stevent was the one that mentioned that since it cost me $67 bucks. my issue is when i put them together just to visualize it attached to my engine it does not look straight. is it suppose to angle up like about 5-10 degrees (i think) cuz if i attached the top piece and looking at it from the top itshould be straightdown then it goes horizontal for theother connectionright? but with this new header if i attached the top section flushed with the block, the down pipes is angled in which makesthe bottom part were you would connect the 2nd pieceraise up, thenif you attached the 2nd piece that makes it worse.it does not look right, or is it suppose to be that way? buti don't think you would not attached pipings in that kind ofangle.i wish i could take picture of this but i don't havea camera.I'm gonna callthe seller and let them know about this and hopefully they could replace it.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Default RE: received headers from ebay but....

The header isn't gonna be sitting at a perfect 90 degree angle. I say just put it all together, header/downpipe/exhaust, and see how she's lining up. If it doesn;t line up right, you may have ordered the wrong header or the company may have sent you the wrong one. Good luck.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:02 PM

if it doesnt fit, bring it to a place that can bend it to make a good fitment.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

^ Yeahh...that's about the best you can do w/o professional tools and what not.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:39 PM

what place would that be? like a muffler shop that could heat it up and straighten it out? or some welder place?i just did not want to waste time putting it in and and then finding out its off then put my old one back on. i know that is the only way i could find out but.....[:@]i'll just cross my finger and hope for the best. thanks for your inputs.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:48 AM

^ just go to midas or something. it should not cost that much to make it fit in your car.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:23 AM

What kind of headers did you get? We have pretty much the same engine and I just installed my Obx 4-2-1's yesterday. I may be able to help.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:52 PM

hey i did the same thing and it will angle up that much

Old 04-22-2007, 06:16 PM

brewmeister, how do you find these headers? Easy to install? Loud? Feel more power?

Old 04-22-2007, 06:21 PM

i'm not really sure what the namebrand is but it is cheap price.i also notice that the connecting flange on the second piece that attaches to the cat is welded crooked.i guess i'm gonna talk to those guys that welded my exhaust and see it they could fix it. hey buntinboy9, how much angle updid your headers showed? and whatdid you dotofix it?

Quick Reply: received headers from ebay but....