Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Recomendations for my new accord

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:37 AM
Default Recomendations for my new accord

Hi friends. I'm new on the forum and the English is not my native language. I only speak tech english because my IT job but I hope to clarify what I need to say. I hope everybody understand me.

I have a very nice 2.4 L Accord 2006 with leather. I'm planning to buy another car with "more power" like mitsubishi eclipse or Mustang GT, but if I can improve my accord a little, I can hold a couple of years and just swap my accord 2.4 for the new accord 2008 V6 coupe.

Ok, but for now i want to get the best of the accord 2.4. Any ideas on how to improve some horsepower and response on the iVtec 2.4 2006 Accord? I really appreciate all the help on this matter.

regards!

Old 08-07-2006, 03:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Recomendations for my new accord

well start with an intake. because your in mexico, im not sure what emission level your motor is at. if it's a lev then it does not have a maf. but if it is a ulev engine, then you do have a MAF sensor, which would depend on what intake you can get.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:42 PM

I/H/E (Intake, Headers, Exhaust)

Usually with 2.4L I4, MAF, A/T, the only available CAI is Injen (255.36) Pricey...but you can convert it to a Shorty (SRI- Short Ram Intake) if necessary.

And Welcome!

Old 08-07-2006, 06:50 PM

my turbo 2.2 laughs at my friends 04 GT...

If turbo is too much to jump into, intake headers and exhaust are a great way to get some extra power and learn about your car while installing them.

but there is plenty of hope for that accord. If you want serious power, the potential is there.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:44 PM

Oh... sorry... .I don't understand what is MAF, A/T, CAI, Injen, SRI, ULEV, etc... can please someone explain me? I know a lot about servers and networks... about cars, I'm only an speed fan (I know what is a turbo, abs, air filter, etc etc... basic stuff....).. sorry

Old 08-07-2006, 11:45 PM

how much horsepower i can gain with an SRI? and what is SRI?

Old 08-07-2006, 11:55 PM

no problem.

SRI is a Short Ram Intake
CAI is Cold Air intake (the differences between the two are covered in detail in many other posts)

A/T is automatic tranmission

Injen makes air intakes for Hondas (and other cars too)

ULEV Ultra Low Emission Vehical (meets stric requirments for air pollution levels. makes making more power harder)

MAF is MAss Air Flow sensor. Used in those ULEV vehicals.

A short ram intake with nothing else done to the car is probably good for 5 - 8 horsepower. Do the exhaust and you're looking at up to 15 or so combined. And you'll feel that power. It won't make your car a speed demon but it will certainly make it faster and bring a smile to your face.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:57 PM

And for your reference there are plenty of good companies that make performance parts for honda including injen.

There's AEM, OBX, and DC Sports to name a few. Many good brands. If you come across something you're unsure of, the members here can help you.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:09 AM

Is a difference in performance if i select to use a SRI or CAI?

I'm reading internet pages...

In the Injen page i don't found how to see products for accord 2006... [8D]

Old 08-08-2006, 02:11 AM

Read my FAQ: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/FAQ...m_22712/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Recomendations for my new accord