Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Recommended Intake

Old 04-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Default Recommended Intake

Hello I have a automatic 2000 Honda Accord LX
any recommendations on intakes? or there's no point in getting one cuz its an automatic

Thanks

Old 04-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

This topic has been touched more times than t00fatt....

Search the forums.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:28 AM

did search the forum
post wrong question
I apologize

actual question is....
I want a SRI with a heat shield but I only notice K&N have heat shields
However it doesn't seem K&N made SRI for my 6th Gen Accord
Is it really necessary to have a heat shield?

Thanks

Old 04-07-2009, 01:05 PM

Some claim a heatshield does a lot, some claim it does nothing... you can always add a heat shield later... I know it's ghetto, but I've seen people make them out of cardboard, lol...

Old 04-07-2009, 01:09 PM

oh, and keep in mind that no matter what, your SRI will be heatsoaked during an idle...

Old 04-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i have a 99 accord coupe 2.3L and i put a cold air on it and it sits down in the front bumper and it doesnt need a heat sheild, but i dont know if theres a difference with mine and a SRI

Old 04-07-2009, 03:12 PM

you could also use that heat wrap stuff people put on their headers. same effect

Old 04-08-2009, 11:55 AM

The difference btw SRI and CAI is 1-2 HP and 1-2 ft.lbs.

This is without the shield. If it does anything, there is not any potential for it to do much.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:46 PM

i can tell you here and now the difference between a CAI and SRI as i just changed my SRI to a CAI last night and noticed some big differences...only mods i have are straight piping and flowmaster with angled tip...so in other words no real mods....but...i can tell you this...

ive used the SRI for about half a year now and can tell you that in the higher RPMs..lets say your going about 25 and just decide to floor it for about 5 seconds....its definitely loud..it has more of a motorcycle rev to it....sounds very nice...it also has pretty quick response...but after a while that response dies down a little

the CAI ive had for about 15 hours..lol...its definitely louder at idle....and with the same 25 to flooring scenario...its definitely louder id say...well depends on ur def. of louder...it has more of a muscle car grunt to it....and for me it has better throttle response...gas mileage drops id say about 15% and u definitely feel the power alot more...it sounds more like a racing engine....

now statistically the hp gains arent that different from each other but from my personal experience its quite different aside from HP gains...and thats with a low brand intake filter and some piping and rubber/plastic tubing from stock intake...so just imagine how it will sound with AEM or Injen...

all in all the verdict is.....

CAI wins my vote...but took about 30 mins to install and also makes u have more frequent trips to 7 Eleven or Chevron all with a nice Evo mixed with modded TC sound.

SRI is the way to go for nice gas mileage, fancy looking under the hood, 10 mins to install, and more of a high revving ninja sound speeding past you on the highway.........

Old 04-12-2009, 11:03 AM

the only reason your gas changes when you have the cai on is because your flooring it. it doesnt make a difference on your mpg some say it increases it, accord master give your review after a month not hours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recommended Intake