Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Short Ram intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:21 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Short Ram intake

I was just wondering how to remove the original air intake? And after installing my short ram, am i good to go, or do I need to reset my ECU? THANKS

Old 03-31-2006, 05:48 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

to remove the baffle box you have to remove the front bumper, theres a few screws in the wheel well, a bunch of plastic snapins under the bumper, there should be two plastic snapins when you lift the hood. then the baffle is held in by one or two screws

Old 03-31-2006, 02:17 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Is there anyway I could do it without removing the bumper (I thought you only had to do that w/ a CAI)? Does anyone have any diagrams? And what exactly is the baffle? thnx and sry!

Old 03-31-2006, 02:56 PM

its a part of the air intake that is used to deaden honda natural happy intake roar. its about 10 to 15 pounds and its sits in your front bumper, you have to remove the front bumper to take it out. otherwise you can just remove the 2 bolts holding in the filter box and leave the baffle box in there. but why have useless things sitting in there that do nothing and having weight that you can remove from your car.

youll have to scroll down to see the pictures
the acutal design on some parts may differ from your car but its essentially the same
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/94%...m_12061/tm.htm (thanks for taking a pic of your stock intake sir_nasty)

but you will notice the second picture a hole going under, that hole goes back into your filter box. you wont be able to remove the baffle box without removing the front bumper. i think there was a generalized diagram on another post for an older accord. otherwise the normal filter box screws are up by the strut bolts and the other is inbetween the intake tube and the filter box you cant see it based on the picture but it will be in that area

Old 03-31-2006, 03:25 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Alright, thanks Marbo! I might just install the intake and take out the baffle later. One last question, on the instructions itsays I need to drain a gallon of coolant( am i going to put it back in)? Do you really have to? My dad got kind of mad b/c he said air can get up there and possibly crack the head...argh[] I feel like a retard

Old 03-31-2006, 05:39 PM

*blinks* drain coolant for changing the intake? you dont have to mess with the coolant at all.... if all you have on your intake piping is the gas evac from the valve cover, theres nothing you have to deal with other then removing the told intake and unbolting the filter box, and trim level do you have for your accord, im assuming by the name its a 97 ^_^

Old 03-31-2006, 07:10 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

The trim is LX and yeah its a 97. lol But yes, under the removal of the stoack air inlet their is an asterick by step "b". In the back of the instructions the astrick is next to a bunch of models including "94-97 honda accord". It says to drain about 1 gallon of coolant. I wish I could put pictures on here to show you.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:57 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well here are the pictures (link). I am sorry if they are small. I circled the things that had to do w/ my install. Any help is appreciated I guess if you cant read them, save them and zoom in.

AEM instructions

And also, should I reset the ECU after installing the sri?

Old 03-31-2006, 10:18 PM

yeeeeeah, b with the * has nothing to do with installation..... i dont know why its in there, that coolant hose is just a bypass through the throttle body and isnt connected anywhere on the intake manifold. The hose in a is the one i was refering to. And when you have the negitive battery terminal disconnected for more then like..... 10 to 30 seconds you are resetting the ecu ^_^

Old 03-31-2006, 10:32 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

AlrightTHANKS So your sure I dont need to? even though it says so on the last page? thnx!

Quick Reply: Short Ram intake