Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

short ram intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 10:42 AM
Default short ram intake

So i have no clue whether i want to get a cai or a short ram intake. Does a short ram intake sound as good as a cold air intake? Is there a cold air intake for a 95 honda accord 2.2l ex coupe that doesnt go into the wheel well? I dont want to have to worry about the rain water getting into it

Old 01-31-2015, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

While I haven't looked at a 1995 Accord, I strongly suspect it came from the factory with a CAI. As for a short ram setup, typically a bad idea as all your engine will be able to breathe is the hot engine compartment air.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:19 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I am not sure what the op wants, my 96 has its air intake thru the bottom of the fender stock, to move it up in the engine compartment makes no sense. Cold air makes hp, hot air costs hp, seems the Honda folks did a good job from the start.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Default cai

So the best thing to do is probably just buy a better filter to put in the place of the stock one.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by danielb4200
So the best thing to do is probably just buy a better filter to put in the place of the stock one.
I rather doubt you can do that. Why? Aftermarket filters are typically crap when it comes to any semblance of quality filtering. The fact is, aftermarket "low restriction" filters are pretty worthless when it comes to adding performance or for keeping the engine clean.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Default cai

Well woody mine is in the engine compartment right beside the batter. I more or less just want the sound it makes but dont want to mess up my engine.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Yes but it sucks in air from down low,, i understand the sound effect you are after,, as for a hi flow air filter,, This is what works for ME>>>a drop in K&N air filter and i removed the intake baffle,,i clean the filter 2x a yr and have had ZERO issues with keeping dirt out or it effecting any components,,like i said this works for my car,,your results may vary.. good luck..

Old 02-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by woody31
Yes but it sucks in air from down low,, i understand the sound effect you are after,, as for a hi flow air filter,, This is what works for ME>>>a drop in K&N air filter and i removed the intake baffle,,i clean the filter 2x a yr and have had ZERO issues with keeping dirt out or it effecting any components,,like i said this works for my car,,your results may vary.. good luck..
Have you had your used engine oil analyzed? I ask because you might *think* you've had zero issues, then you look at the UOA results and see unusually high silicone (sand) and wear metals.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Almost A Senior Member

No I have not ^^ I have had this car 10 yrs and it had this filter for 9 of those and about 100,000 miles..I will put one in the Suzuki also,,no worries,,plus I dont have to buy it but once,,,good luck,,

Old 02-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by woody31
No I have not ^^ I have had this car 10 yrs and it had this filter for 9 of those and about 100,000 miles..I will put one in the Suzuki also,,no worries,,plus I dont have to buy it but once,,,good luck,,
At what cost? A typical OEM style filter is good for tens of thousands of miles and is pretty inexpensive. That and I'd warrant a brand new OEM style filter will do a superior job of filtering than even the dirtiest/most clogged reusable filter (as filters clog their filtering efficiency gets better, but you knew that).

Quick Reply: short ram intake