Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

short ram intake installed today, couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Default short ram intake installed today, couple questions

Hi guys I just installed my short ram intake today (took me like an hour lol i thought it was only gonna take 5 minutes!) and i have a couple questions

i have a small pipe connection for the, correct me if im wrong, fuel injection system? theres two pipes one that connects to a notehr pipe and this one that im talking about is supposed to connect to a small black box ( i think). my small black box wasnt connected onto the original air filter thingy i had so i left it alone and just taped up the small pipe that was supposed to have the box, is this ok? if u dont kno wat im talking about, ill try to take pics later

also when i was driving aruond for the frist time with it on (remember short ram not cai, so i did hear it was supposed to be louder) i could hear from my engine area a VERY LOUD like LOUD noise, is this ok or is it being too loud/booming noise a bad thing?

thakns for hte help guys!

EDIT
also i watched some youtube videos, and it seems when the engine isnt revving, theres a hissing noise, but mine doesnt have that? did i do somethign wrong?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Default RE: short ram intake installed today, couple questions

ORIGINAL: EzraFitch1990

Hi guys I just installed my short ram intake today (took me like an hour lol i thought it was only gonna take 5 minutes!) and i have a couple questions

i have a small pipe connection for the, correct me if im wrong, fuel injection system? theres two pipes one that connects to a notehr pipe and this one that im talking about is supposed to connect to a small black box ( i think). my small black box wasnt connected onto the original air filter thingy i had so i left it alone and just taped up the small pipe that was supposed to have the box, is this ok? if u dont kno wat im talking about, ill try to take pics later

also when i was driving aruond for the frist time with it on (remember short ram not cai, so i did hear it was supposed to be louder) i could hear from my engine area a VERY LOUD like LOUD noise, is this ok or is it being too loud/booming noise a bad thing?

thakns for hte help guys!

EDIT
also i watched some youtube videos, and it seems when the engine isnt revving, theres a hissing noise, but mine doesnt have that? did i do somethign wrong?
Just like i told the other guy search. That black box is useless take the solenoid the little black circle thing that is connected to that black box off there will be a vacuum hose connected to the black box take it off and put a screw in the end of it. Zip tie the diaphram any where you can next make sure the vaccuum hose connected to the Fuel area you speak of is fully connected. Next the other line that is going to the valve cover make sure taht is connected or you can go get a small airfilter from autozone or what ever that will fit ontop of it so you don't need that line if i have time i will take pictures of mine but i know you guys will laugh i made mine litterally out of pvc and pipe but it works great and coast me a total of 25 dollars with a autozone filter for now heh

Old 03-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Sounds like you have an air leak. My intake only had one nipple on it and it's connected to the vacuum hose it lined up with. I don't mysterious black box, does your engine have VTEC?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:49 PM

I need a pic to determine what you are talking about

Old 03-11-2008, 05:38 PM

A pic will really help, get that asap

Old 03-11-2008, 05:42 PM

I told him to ditch the box i asked this question a long time ago it is a resavoir for the intake it is use's sorta silences it when it is hooked up to the intake the black box is garbage i will take a picture in 15 min and post it along with my makeshift intake guys

Old 03-11-2008, 06:02 PM

thats the intake

hose connector thingy:

no worries about leaks in htat bad boy, it was a REALLY tight fit

black box thing i was talking about:

pipe i think its supposed to connect to:

also is it SUPPOSED to make a hissing sound? cuz alot of videos i see on youtube make that noise when someone has their hood open showing off their intake... but mine has no hissing noise watsoever

thanks!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:39 PM

Here is my makeshift intake it works fine has a nice grunt to it. The black box is a air resavoir it is useless. The first picture is of the thing connected to the black box that comes right off just ziptie it together if any one wanted to know. hope this helps a little

Old 03-12-2008, 10:51 AM

I have no idea what that little pipe you taped up is for. My intake doesn't have one of those.
Here's a pic of mine:

Old 03-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

That sensor shouldn't be connected to the intake. I forget what it is, but leave it alone. Looks like that extra nipple is for VTEC engines only (94ex) and not for non-VTEC likes mine, yours and 5spd's. I would just find a rubber cap and put it on there.

As for hissing, mine makes a light whirring sound but it can't really be heard very well over the exhaust, fans, and my annoying clicking rockers. If you open the throttle from the engine bay (where all the cables go to in the first pic) you can rev it and listen for it.

Quick Reply: short ram intake installed today, couple questions