Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

skunk2 catback

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Default skunk2 catback

what do you guys think of the skunk2 catback exhaust? anyone have it? Anyone have reliability issues or any issues at all?

Old 08-31-2007, 02:47 AM
Default RE: skunk2 catback

bitchin sound, bitchin power, even on my 4cyl its noticeable. great system.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 08-31-2007, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

I also have it, I love the sound, but my friends seem to think its too loud. doesnt drone on the highway if you maintain the same speed

heres a vid
http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=MVI_1091.flv

Old 08-31-2007, 08:24 AM

yea it does seem loud. mine is very loud right now as it is. sound isn't that big of a deal to me I just want an exhaust that sounds more like a racecar rather than mine that's just loud anytime I press the gas pedal lol. even at 1000 rpms it's pretty loud. it sounds good though.

btw, where does it say skunk2 on the muffler? does it say it on the tips? live2rice, the one you have, is that called the skunk2 megapower catback?

Old 08-31-2007, 09:52 AM

I was thinking of buying this used one:

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/f%2...m_63731/tm.htm

Do you think it's worth it? I'm not even sure if that's the one for my 2dr car, but I saw a picture of the 4dr one and it looks different so I'm assuming this ones for the coupe. Is it a good idea to buy a used exhaust like this? It is at a very low price and I can negotiate it too.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: pyaarawala

yea it does seem loud. mine is very loud right now as it is. sound isn't that big of a deal to me I just want an exhaust that sounds more like a racecar rather than mine that's just loud anytime I press the gas pedal lol. even at 1000 rpms it's pretty loud. it sounds good though.

btw, where does it say skunk2 on the muffler? does it say it on the tips? live2rice, the one you have, is that called the skunk2 megapower catback?
it says it on the side of the tip and on the bottom of the muffler(see pics below).

It is a megapower, that is the only one they make for the accord, they just recently came out with the megapower r line of mufflers. they are extremely loud and ment for pure race cars. they also arent made for the accord...............yet anyways.

I dont know if I would buy a used exhaust, it is stainless steel so it shouldnt rust or anything, but still.

It is a good price however, and i dont mean to offend anyone by this, but its a little sketchy that he doesnt even know if its for a coupe or not.

pics
http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=IMG_1446.jpg
http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=IMG_1447.jpg

Old 09-01-2007, 10:43 AM

my boy has the skunk2 catback on his 5th gen. its loud compared to my system. but it doesnt sound too ricey. it drone on the highway again compared to mine.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

my boy has the skunk2 catback on his 5th gen. its loud compared to my system. but it doesnt sound too ricey. it drone on the highway again compared to mine.
it does drone a bit, i dont notice it anymore, but my friend that drove behind me on a road trip said he got a headache, granted we were accelerating the whole time

Old 09-09-2007, 12:11 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: live2rice

ORIGINAL: pyaarawala

It is a good price however, and i dont mean to offend anyone by this, but its a little sketchy that he doesnt even know if its for a coupe or not.
Well, I live near him so I am going to go check it out myself. I don't really know of any way to make sure if it's from a coupe or not. Does it say so on the catback itself? I do have an idea of how my exhaust system looks like under my car so that'll help. I'm going to post a video of the sound of my exhaust right now. I want you guys to tell me if it sounds similar to the skunk2 or if it's even worth switching to the skunk2. I believe the only differences between my catback and the skunk2 is:

1) Mines is not SS and the skunk2 is.
2) Skunk2 has a resonator and mines doesn't.
3) I also have an N1 style muffler but it looks a little different. Maybe the fact that the skunk2's muffler is branded it might sound better?
4) I believe skunk2 is mandrel bent, I don't think mine is.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:15 PM

Whoops, that didn't come out right. The quote in the box is from live2rice and the stuff under it is supposed to be my post. One more thing I forgot to ask.

What is the diameter of the piping of the skunk2? Also, what's the diameter of the exhaust tip? Will the skunk2 catback fit into this unviersal cat that I have on right now?

http://www.car-sound.com/02product/d...niversal=54054

The in/out on that is 2" and it doesn't have flanges. I can cut the skunk2 so that I can weld it on but if the skunk2 is too big it wouldn't fit on, right?

Quick Reply: skunk2 catback