Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

SRI or CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Default SRI or CAI?

i have a 1999 honda accord v6 and i always thought that CAI gave more HP but now i got people tellin me that SRI are better. So i was wondering which really gives more HP and MPG?

Old 04-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Default RE: SRI or CAI?

MPG will probably go down regardless of SRI or CAI. CAI offers more HP, but it's probably not even noticeable. I'd personally go with a SRI, just cause theres a chance of ruining your engine if you hit a puddle with a CAI on.

Do a search in the forums. THere's been a million different threads on this.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

^ he's being conservative. Last time Jon counted, it was a bajillion or so! But then again,Mississippi guys can't really count right unless they're wearing sandals. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 04-07-2008, 03:49 PM

Read my reply in your Weapon R thread.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:02 PM

Just go with the SRI dude, they are easier to install, cheaper, and the power difference between the SRI and the CAI is negligable.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: atarikid07

MPG will probably go down regardless of SRI or CAI. CAI offers more HP, but it's probably not even noticeable. I'd personally go with a SRI, just cause theres a chance of ruining your engine if you hit a puddle with a CAI on.

Just like you said CAI will probably offer more HP. and thats exactly what im looking for. MORE HP!! haha i could care less of how hard it is to install i just want a faster car. know what i mean? so so u still go with SRI for speed purposes?

Old 04-08-2008, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: HondaPinoy

Just like you said CAI will probably offer more HP. and thats exactly what im looking for. MORE HP!! haha i could care less of how hard it is to install i just want a faster car. know what i mean? so so u still go with SRI for speed purposes?
LOL. You're probably not going to go noticeably faster with just an intake. Never trust the butt dyno...

Old 04-08-2008, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: HondaPinoy

Just go with the SRI. A CAI will only get you like 1 or 2 hp more, tops... Unless you REALLY want that extra horse. Can't stop you there.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:37 AM

SRI gets an extra lb or 2 in torque as the tradeoff for the extra HP or 2. It's a wash unless you build racetrack power.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:20 AM

Dude, look at thread stickied at the top of the forum....

Quick Reply: SRI or CAI?