Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Are Thrtl Body Spacers Worth IT?!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 AM
crist95
Unregistered
Default Are Thrtl Body Spacers Worth IT?!!

I have a 2002 Accord 2Dr Ex v6 and I was looking for parts thatll increase my performance without hurting the MPG too much. I was thinking of putting throttle body spacers on my car. I was wondering if this is a smart decision and also what brands / models would you suggest. Thnx!

Old 07-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Default RE: Are Thrtl Body Spacers Worth IT?!!

Haha! [sm=bustedsign.gif] So nonchalant too....

Old 08-01-2007, 06:42 AM
beavis
Unregistered

I would like to know the same thing. I have a 97 accord 4cyl. with intake and header. Does a throttle spacer help response and mileage?? Is it worth $100

Old 08-01-2007, 07:35 AM

Any improvements in terms of gas mileage or throttle response would be minor. You may get 1 mpg better... and you may or may not be able to feel any difference with response. To be honest, for our cars, they don't do a ton. What they are bought for a lot of the time is the NOISE. Depending on what kind you get (Helix Version 1 and OBX Votex are noisy, Helix Ver. 2 is not) you will hear a dramatic hissing sound. Especially in conjunction with a SRI or CAI.People think it kind of sounds like a spooling turbo or something. Just know that if you see rounded "teeth" on the inside of the TBS, this is the QUIET kind and you won't get the noise. If you want the noise, again, this is why most people buy them, look for JUST a threaded screw design, with no othr indents or "teeth".

Is it wortha $100? IMHO, no way. I just paid $54 including shipping, and I wasn't going any higher than that. I just got it yesterday so I will be putting in on some time in the near future.

Holla back if you have any more questions.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:28 AM

ive had the Helix one with the teeth for awhile now. forget what i paid for it, under $60 i think. dunno if it did anything.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:44 PM

go carburated. then they'll do ya some good. haha.
even when my camaro was the smaller tbi(akaB.S.I.) motor,i felt a big difference. buthavent heard any obvious differences on an application like our accords.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:59 PM

IT does help carb cars but it's a waste of money for a fuel injected car/honda unless you want to port NOS into it.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The answer is.....no.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:43 PM

Yeah I totally see where you guys are coming from. For performance or efficiency, it's pointless really. BUT for those people who in fact like the added sound they get (noisy version) its money VERY WELL spent. That's just personal preference.

Quick Reply: Are Thrtl Body Spacers Worth IT?!!