Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

V6 Exhaust on 4Cyl??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Default V6 Exhaust on 4Cyl??

I was planning on getting an exhaust system for my Accord. Would the Dual Exhaust V6 Setups work on the 4Cyl?? Mine is a 04 4Cyl 4Dr.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Default RE: V6 Exhaust on 4Cyl??

I have been wanting to do this, too. I found that you may have to go custom. Yes, it should work. I searched around and found that there is a long pipe that goes from the engine and ends at the rear wheels. The only difference between the V6 and I4 is that the pipe connecting to the long pipe is either a Y shape or just one solid pipe. I think what you'll have to do is figure a way to take that off then replace it with a Y shaped pipe and put the exhaust at each end.

I think you wouldn't get much of a power gain but it will fill that annoying hole on the other side(if you don't have it covered).

Here is a picture of a user's car on another forum that did the exact same thing.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:07 PM

From what I heard you should not put dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder because it will have a negative effect on your performance. If dual exhaust was made for a 4 cylinder than why wouldn't it be a factory option? Dual exhaust is made for cars with turbo and v6. From what I know becauseof a forumtopic dualexhaust should not be puton a 4 cylinder. If you want to upgrade your exhaust just go with a performance pipe that has a dual tip on the muffler. I did also want to add that I havehad a performance exhaust for a year in a half and I did notnotice any power gains. Idid get really annoyed with the insanely loud sound though so I put back on the factory. The only thing that I have put on my car that has helpedmy car is the cold air intake. I hope this will help. Also make sure youdo a search through the forum to see if there are any entries about this.

Breeze

Old 01-01-2007, 05:20 PM

Yes, but some people are going for the looks of their car rather than the performance of it. The guy that did his on another forum said he couldn't tell the difference.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:05 PM

I wasn't looking for a performance aspect or anything. Just want the look, that's all.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:08 AM

Go for it. Im saving up for mine. Because with my new bodykit, you almost have to have an exhaust filling each hole. It may be a little costly, but I think its worth it.

I talked to the guy on the other forum and he said you'll have to take it to an exhaust shop. He said they charged him $180 for labor. I would get the mufflers you want so you get it how you like. I'm getting two of these for mine. They are Magnaflow 5" x 8" Oval Street Series Polished Stainless Steel Universal Muffler With Tips Item Number 14829
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ain&id=767Go

Old 01-02-2007, 05:51 PM

Yes you can do it... the car didnt come with headders.a cold air intake, rims or music either... I have a Inline4 with a I6 exsaust on it dual Piolt pipes and yes it looks awsome and i did get a few ponies out of it... so if you would like feel free to Mod your Car as you see fit...and to those on this forum... if you dont have any positive feed back... just sit back and enjoy the show...

Old 01-02-2007, 10:14 PM

Just don't go too big on the piping to your mufflers and you can still gain some performance and you'll still get the look you want. There is a certain exhaust diameter that is perfect for a certain airflow. Exceding or going below that number will hinder performance. Also remember, mandrel bent is always better than crush bent if you have that option. I'd just poke around a little and read up on it. If you have any questions you can't find answers to feel free to ask.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:09 AM
nelsan92
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: Breeze

From what I heard you should not put dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder because it will have a negative effect on your performance. If dual exhaust was made for a 4 cylinder than why wouldn't it be a factory option? Dual exhaust is made for cars with turbo and v6. From what I know becauseof a forumtopic dualexhaust should not be puton a 4 cylinder. If you want to upgrade your exhaust just go with a performance pipe that has a dual tip on the muffler. I did also want to add that I havehad a performance exhaust for a year in a half and I did notnotice any power gains. Idid get really annoyed with the insanely loud sound though so I put back on the factory. The only thing that I have put on my car that has helpedmy car is the cold air intake. I hope this will help. Also make sure youdo a search through the forum to see if there are any entries about this.

Breeze
If dual exhaust was meant for turbo and v6 cars then why is there dual exhaust on the TSX and s2000 for example?

Old 01-04-2007, 09:46 AM

I don't know. It probably have something to do with the engine size. Like there may be something restricting or freeing up the air/gas flow. If it has everything free-flowing then it would probably need a dual exhaust to get all the wastes out as fast as the engine runs. If everything doesn't run as fast then it'll probably use a single exhaust just because it is cheaper and a dual wouldn't be necessary but if it is an expensive car then they might put a dual on it just because it would make the car look better. The accord is grouped as a family car unless the consumer makes it a sports car. That make sense?

Quick Reply: V6 Exhaust on 4Cyl??