Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

whats next

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Default whats next

so i got a aem short ram cold air intake and a magnaflow cat back exhaust for my 2001 accord ex automatic l4 with about 91k miles on it and was wondering what can i do next to it i hade read that spark plug wires and pulleys add hp or sould i get headers i need your help guys

also is it worth geting slotted rotors and 18s for an accord

Old 10-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Default RE: whats next

As far as stopping power goes, the stock brakes work great. Theres no real need to do it because youve got bigger rims. Astheticly i say def do it. I did it to my friends 300C a few weekends ago and it looks amazing, and hes got 22's. The most important thing to do is bed(spelling?)the brakes or you'll end up in a pretty serious accident.

Headers rob low end tourque but makeup for it in the top end. so if your willing to make that sacrifice then go for it. Plugs/wires/pullys im not sure about, youll have to wait for someone else to make that call.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:24 PM

plugs and wires aren't going to add power but they'll improve throttle response. Pulley's don't "add" power either they just free it up. What I mean is that when you put them on they are less weight and less drag on the drive system so you get more power to the wheels. If you get undderive pulley's it will just put less power to the a/c, alternator, p/s etc. and free up even more HP.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 PM

underdrive pullys do u mean the ones on the engine so to change dos the engine has to come out right?

or is it the alternator pulleys

Old 10-26-2007, 12:57 PM

it's the accessory and crank pulley's so the motor doesn't have to come out.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:01 PM

The engine does not have to come out to do the pulleys.
If you live in a hot climate like I do I would not recommend underdrive pulleys cause your a/c won't blow as cold.
Stock plugs (NGK PZFR5F-11) and stock plug wires (Sumomito) perform the best of anything available. The stock plugs in the 2000 and newer models were double platinum and they recommend changing them every 100k miles. Plug wires-I would only change if they are damaged, but that is all a matter of opinion.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:03 PM

Good luck with the crank pulley bolt if you change that one[sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 PM

well if ig et it im gonna get a shop 2 do it for me lol

and is their a site were i can find like the complete set to buy it the alternator then underdrive one

Old 10-26-2007, 01:25 PM

www.unorthodoxracing.com or www.aem.com or ebay for those two brands

Old 10-26-2007, 04:00 PM

i am most likely going to order aem power pulleys this weekend hoq hard is it to install it on a scale of 1 to 5 5 being the hardest

Quick Reply: whats next