Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

when is a exhaust upgrade an absolute must?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Default when is a exhaust upgrade an absolute must?

when would an upgraded exhaust system be an absolute must?.im not into racing anyone with my 03 accord ex, just looking to add a lil more hp to help with the weight of my 19" chrome wheels and a heavy sound system. these are a few things that i have bought. aem cold air intake with that thing that stops hyrdro lock, headers, plugs, ignition wires/ system, fuel pump, injectors and regulator. im buying everything and will have it installed all at the same time. is upgrading my exhaust a must? WILL THERE BE PROBLEMS WITH MY CAR I DONT?, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG IF I DONT UPGRADE MY EXHAUST?. im worried about my car being loud with a upgraded exhaust. i have been told on here that the apexi ws2 and r-sr exmag is the quietest exhaust that there is. i dont want my ears to hurt when im in the car driving. i dont care what the people outside would think, i just want it to be quiet inside. so do i really need an upgrade to with all the parts i have?

Old 05-28-2007, 06:10 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: when is a exhaust upgrade an absolute must?

You wont get the most out of your other upgrades without upgrading your exhaust. There is a reason why airflow mods are the first ones that people get, they are the most efficient. An Apexi WS2 will allow a lot more exhaust flow, and give you some horsepower, but will be as near to stock quiet as you can find. You probably wont be able to hear it over the sound of your intake, in fact.

However, not getting an exhaust wont cause problems. Its not going to hurt your car to not upgrade.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:27 PM

ok thx for the reply. but that apexi exhaust will sound close to stock right?. i just wanna be sure, i get ixed resaults from people saying that its loud and that its not. i guess the best thing about it is that the majority of the people i talk to say that its soft.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:53 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Well, its going to be as close to stock as you can find in an aftermarket exhaust. Its not loud, its not raspy or whiny, its just nice and mellow. Here is a link to a Youtube video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXmM0VZNzDI

Old 05-28-2007, 07:11 PM

ok thx. i like the sound of it. where can i find it to fit my 03 accord ex v6 sedan?

Old 05-28-2007, 07:13 PM

its quiet, but it will give you the least amount of hp because of the chambered style muffler. which is why its so quiet but it also restricts the hell out of the exhaust flow. greddys use a straight-thru design and flows the best. the sp2, what i have, is very quiet. expecially for that style muffler, i love it. full stainless piping too unlike apexi. i did alot of research on exhausts when i bought mine. if you live through winters, youre gonna want stainless.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:22 PM

actually, i live in HAWAII . lol. but as long i get a lil hp and that its way better than stock, and that its quiet than im ok

Old 05-28-2007, 07:22 PM

where can i find one for a 03 accord ex v6 sedan?

Old 05-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

But something is better than nothing I do suppose.

Vid of the Greddy SP2?

Old 05-28-2007, 09:01 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I would also like to hear the SP2. Im thinking of getting an Evo2 for my car, or the WS2. SP2 would be acceptable though, if it sounds good.

I searched briefly and could only find the WS2 for a 03 V6 coupe, but a competent exhaust shop could make it fit, or you could just buy the universal muffler and have them do a custom pipe job, and probably save a few bucks.

Quick Reply: when is a exhaust upgrade an absolute must?