New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

'16 Accord Sport or Mazda 6 Touring? Both manual

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Default '16 Accord Sport or Mazda 6 Touring? Both manual

As the title states, I've narrowed my choices down to the 2016 Mazda 6 Touring manual and the 2016 Honda Accord Sport manual. I've already read all the reviews and browsed each car's respective forum (will also be posting this in both places) so now I'm looking for reviews from people who chose the Sport over the 6 and why? Please keep everything as objective as possible. Would really love to hear from someone who was also looking at both. I'll being using it as a daily and want something reliable, well-built, yet not completely numb to drive (hence the manual only requirement). Thanks in advance!

Old 05-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Can't give advise.....but thanks for joining

Old 05-03-2016, 08:33 AM

Hello, Tyler... welcome to the forum

This past February, I was shopping for a new car. I looked at Mazda, Honda and Hyundai.. all three dealerships were within 3 blocks of each other, so comparison was fairly easy; of the three vehicles I test drove, the Hyundai offered more features for the same price, but the Mazda was 'sportier'. After having retired from trucking, a manual transmission was never a consideration as I'm happy to let the car do the shifting.

I selected the Honda (EX-L V6) for 3 reasons: Honda offered me a much better finance rate, the V6 had more power and faster acceleration than the 4 cyl in the other cars, and the sales staff at Honda were friendlier... just a bit more 'down home'.

I will admit though, the Mazda 6 Touring that I test drove seemed to be a terrific auto with more of a 'fun factor' than the Honda or Hyundai.

Bottom line: it's your money. Only you can make the final decision

Old 05-03-2016, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Prospector
Hello, Tyler... welcome to the forum

This past February, I was shopping for a new car. I looked at Mazda, Honda and Hyundai.. all three dealerships were within 3 blocks of each other, so comparison was fairly easy; of the three vehicles I test drove, the Hyundai offered more features for the same price, but the Mazda was 'sportier'. After having retired from trucking, a manual transmission was never a consideration as I'm happy to let the car do the shifting.

I selected the Honda (EX-L V6) for 3 reasons: Honda offered me a much better finance rate, the V6 had more power and faster acceleration than the 4 cyl in the other cars, and the sales staff at Honda were friendlier... just a bit more 'down home'.

I will admit though, the Mazda 6 Touring that I test drove seemed to be a terrific auto with more of a 'fun factor' than the Honda or Hyundai.

Bottom line: it's your money. Only you can make the final decision
Thanks for the reply! I'll be test driving both back to back today so we'll see how it goes.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tyler Schroeder
Thanks for the reply! I'll be test driving both back to back today so we'll see how it goes.
Have fun.

May I suggest that (which ever you drive first) you take that car to the opposing dealership... look at the two choices side-by-side... Not only will you get a visual comparison, but (and the main reason) you let the dealerships know that you are a serious shopper... both dealers are going to want your business.. and that will be to your advantage

Old 05-03-2016, 09:10 AM

Great advice! They are a few miles apart and being that I'm younger I'm not sure they will hand the keys over without a salesman ride along. Worth a shot though thanks again!

Old 05-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

As the title states, I've narrowed my choices down to the 2016 Mazda 6 Touring manual and the 2016 Honda Accord Sport manual. I've already read all the reviews and browsed each car's respective forum (will also be posting this in both places) so now I'm looking for reviews from people who chose the Sport over the 6 and why? Please keep everything as objective as possible. Would really love to hear from someone who was also looking at both. I'll being using it as a daily and want something reliable, well-built, yet not completely numb to drive (hence the manual only requirement). Thanks in advance!
Funny thing, my local Honda dealership also happens to be a Mazda dealership; you pick one sales associate and drive both the Accord and the Mazda6.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:52 PM

Great advice! They are a few miles apart and being that I'm younger I'm not sure they will hand the keys over without a salesman ride along. Worth a shot though thanks again!
I recommend to always have a dealership's rep/sales agent with you on any test drive... ya never know when someone might run into you causing an accident that is not your fault.. better to have a witness