New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2000 Accord Ex

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2000 Accord Ex

New to me Accord that I'm fixing up. I've already fixed a few things just by doing a search on this forum. Lots of knowledge here.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:11 AM

Hello, Cmore
Welcome to the forum

Old 10-04-2016, 02:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Congrats and welcome to the group. There's so many knowledgeable people on this forum. You shouldn't have any problems finding answers. Give us details and photos when you can.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Cmoore
New to me Accord that I'm fixing up. I've already fixed a few things just by doing a search on this forum. Lots of knowledge here.
There sure is a lot of knowledge available here. I'm still learning myself. And just to add to my troubles, I just added a 99 Accord LX to our stable of Accords (3 now). I blame it all on my son though, as he's had his Civic for 7 years now, with only minimal work done to it. My wife has a 2000 LX while I've been driving (with the help of the forums) a 97 LX, that I just got in the early spring of this year.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:58 AM
Newest Of Newbies

My son found the one we are fixing up. I put new struts and sway bar end links on it. I'm going to check the rears next. Seems to run good and shift smooth. Just trying to get it cleaned up inside and out, fresh fluids and filters etc...it had a check engine light on but that went away with a reboot. We will see.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Cmoore
My son found the one we are fixing up. I put new struts and sway bar end links on it. I'm going to check the rears next. Seems to run good and shift smooth. Just trying to get it cleaned up inside and out, fresh fluids and filters etc...it had a check engine light on but that went away with a reboot. We will see.
Yeah, I bought my 97 off of Craig's list, drove it home, only to have it not start and run the next day. The PO thought the fuel pump was kaput, but it was actually the injectors not working. Short story version, chased thru the ignition system 1st, then the ECU side of things, then the fuel system. The pump was good, but got replaced due to age and mileage. Ended up that a wire broke somewhere in the harness from under the dash to the injector resistor pack (94 to 97 version). Ran a new wire to the resistor pack from the main relay, and everythings been good to go since.
In my case though, I've been concentrating on getting everything to work as it was designed to. Did that.

My newest project is a 99 Accord LX with 5 speed that I picked up for next to nothing (the PO had "needs engine" written on the windshield). It needed a harmonic balancer and a key for the key way slot in the crank (it ate it), along with resetting the timing. It runs good, but I still want to check everything over, and drive it for a bit before deciding on whether or not I'm keeping it. It's in really good shap (for a "salt belt" car), but I'm worried it might also be a money pit.

Last edited by The Toecutter; 10-07-2016 at 08:35 PM.