New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2005 ex-l

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 07:31 AM
Default 2005 ex-l

Hi All,

I'm new to Honda's so I thought I'd utilize this resource in hopes of getting a few questions answered.

I like the look of the factory Honda Accord, I think it's a handsome sedan. I bought mine used, this past spring, and I've decided to tweak a couple of tiny things. This is what I'm looking for: (I'll post pictures later today 9/29/15)

SUSPENSION BALANCE: the front seems high, or the back seems low. I don't know which is correct, but the rear also seems a bit canted (cambered?) inboard, so I'm worried that the last guy tried to lower it. I'm very interested for someone knowledgeable to weigh-in on this.

ROOF RACK: I used to have a pick-up, and I miss the utility of just tossing something in the back. I need a roof rack that I can strap some plywood or 2x4s to, on the way home from the hardware store.

LIGHTING: I didn't like the 'all-red' (except for reverse lights) look of the taillights, so I pieced together a set of red-high, clear-lows, from Amazon. The headlights had a bit of haze to them, so I thought I'd replace those with a brand new pair as well, but the set that I bought, came with different marker/indicator lights. They're a very pale amber/yellow, and the electrical 'load' is different too- they make my turn indicators flash super quickly, although my hazards have kept a regular rate of flash.

Thanks in advance, and I'm glad to be a part of this community.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:40 PM

Hello, MarksSon

Welcome to the forum
Sounds as if you've got some great ideas for your Accord, the roof-rack would certainly be unique