New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2012 Honda Pilot

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Default 2012 Honda Pilot

I have a 2012 pilot with cracked front rear lower control arm bushing. Dealer would not replace them under TSB 15-045. Saying their only stress cracked. I disagree, I think their split. Attached are some pics. Should I take it to another dealer. TSB expires in a few months.

Last edited by madbill1; 06-03-2019 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Added photos
Old 06-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

I can't see the pictures...

Take it to another dealer, and/or contact Honda (some kind of customer satisfaction phone #s in the owners manual??)

I have had great results that way - only had to try it once (years ago), but the dealer fell all over himself trying to make the regional rep happy.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Looks cracked to me. I'd try Jim's suggestions.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:19 PM

https://www.piloteers.org/threads/question-about-compliance-bushing-warranty.125905/

From this link, someone posted:

"The coverage from Honda is 7yrs/100K from in service date. I took mine in last June at 130K and was told by the service manager that they were fully covered under warranty only to get a call when they were ready to work on it stating that it was not. Honda stepped up with good will to cover 80% and the dealer paid the other 20 since their guy told me it was covered under warranty. I was told that they had to be visibly leaking to replace. If you have one leak, there is sign as it pools on the lower edge of the arm. The good news is that if they have to replace one they will do both. My passenger side was leaking and driver side was just cracked. Both were replaced."

It looks like yours had leaked. Agreed with taking to another dealer, maybe lead by saying that you are hearing noise - this is the problem that the TSB addresses, and says it's due to the leaking compliance bushing. Otherwise if you say there is a cracked bushing, they're going to come back with an answer like you already got. If they argue or push back still, just say that "it's a TSB covered by Honda, and it's free work for your shop." If they continue pushing, just say, "well that's really disappointing - I'm going to address this with Honda - I have this issue documented - and I now know to never do business with your dealership."