New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2015 ex-l v6

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Default 2015 ex-l v6

I just drove home my new 2015 Accord EX-L V6. I cannot believe how horribly bumpy the ride was and am regretting the purchase. I felt l like I was in a car wreck after the 40 minute drive home. I have owned my 2001 Accord for 14 years and love it. The ride on the 2015 is awful, simply awful. I test drove one a few days ago and then went back to buy. I did not test drive the one they sold me before purchasing it. Any thoughts on what could be causing this awful ride? I felt every bump in the road and even when the road was smooth the ride was awful. I have sent an email to the dealer but of course, they are closed now until Monday.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Administrator
Talking

I would hope you took it back to your dealer and had the service manager and you go out for a ride to show Him or Her what you were talking about..

If you did not do that...then get over there and do that right away.

Also Welcome to the HAF.. WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-28-2015, 06:48 PM

I took it back Monday morning. They checked it and said nothing was wrong with it. A tech went out with me on a test drive and he told me the Honda Accord V-6 accounts for about 10% of their sales. The people that buy it want it for the handling at the higher speeds. He described the suspension as 'firm' and said there was nothing that could be done with it. The dealer moved me to a CRV which drives a little better. I lost about $1500 doing that, but was grateful that I could do anything at all. Lesson learned: test drive a car for 30 minutes or more. Another lesson learned: I think car buyers are willing to sacrifice road quality for all the bells and whistles.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Check the tire pressure; cars are shipped with very high pressure to combat bouncing and I've seen cars which were "prepped" and yet still have the high pressure.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, even though tire pressure, fluids, etc. are part of a pre-delivery inspection (PDI) that suppose to be done; sometimes, guys/gals get lazy.

Honda even has service bulletins on procedures for each model and year; and PDI checklist for a Service History booklet.

I bought a new Accord before that had practically no windshield washer fluid in it.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:15 PM

Well be happy the dealer worked with you. Im from NYC and they don't do stuff like that. I have a 2013 accord i just bought pre owned and i don't like the mpg I'm getting out of the car. Went today and kind of the same story with the tech "every things seems fine, theres nothing i can do" smh the sales man said wait till i get the title and he will switch me into something else. He want to try and make more money off of me. I'm done with honda but I'm glad to hear someone got there problem solved. you had the last one for 14 yrs so you have to make sure you are comfortable

Old 01-29-2015, 06:13 AM

The tech said a few years ago he would have lowered the tire pressure but now the car comes equipped with a low tire pressure light and alarm so they cant do that anymore.

Yes, I was very lucky they worked with me. As I said: lesson learned, test drive for 30 minutes on different types of roads. If they take you to a highway for the test drive, it Is not a good indicator.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

He's full of c*** , I still recommend you check the tire pressure.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=rendeitaly;355726]The tech said a few years ago he would have lowered the tire pressure but now the car comes equipped with a low tire pressure light and alarm so they cant do that anymore.

Yes, I was very lucky they worked with me. As I said: lesson learned, test drive for 30 minutes on different types of roads. If they take you to a highway for the test drive, it Is not a good indicator.[/QUOTE

What city do you live in

Old 01-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

If the tires are inflated 10psi higher than they are supposed to be, they can safely reduce that to the "proper" pressure without risking the warning lamps going off.

Still, good advice about test driving to determine if that's what you really want.

For me, I'd prefer the harder-riding car. I don't like them too mushy. You gotta figure that out during the test driving.

Quick Reply: 2015 ex-l v6