New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

84 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Default 84 Accord

So I just bought my first Honda, its a 1984 Accord DX with 192,000 miles. Some people would probably scoff at that, but I have heard nothing but good things about how these cars can run forever if you treat them right. Its not the prettiest thing, but the body is straight and the paint is in pretty good condition for a car that is 26 years old with just a few dents, the interior isn't perfect, but then again I go back to the thought that its 26 years old.
I bought the car so I can commute an hour south to my girlfriend's place and I am hopeful that the freeway mileage will be somewhere around 30-32 depending on how much I keep my foot out of the throttle. It concerned me a bit because it stalled out a couple times during the test drive and has done a couple other odd things here in the past 3 days of ownership, so I'll be posting my first thread on the other forum space here shortly. I don't have a much experiance with DIY auto repair, but hope to learn as I go. That's about it, for now.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb Welcome To The Forums

Thank You for joining up with us..

WheelBrokerAng