New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Accord 2012 SE

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Accord 2012 SE

Hello, I just bought a new Accord 2012 SE here in Toronto, Canada. The car has nice features such as power seats and Bluetooth and rides smooth but after a week of driving it I am beginning to think I should have gone for a higher trim since the SE model lacks features like a trip computer and outside temperature gauge that I am really used to enjoying on my other car. Also I did not do much research before buying the car, just walked into a dealership and loved the looks and made an offer, but now I am reading reviews of the car having road noise and I am getting worried my car may start having these problems, do you guys think I should just go back and trade it in for an EX-L considering 2-3K loss?

P.S. the performance is really poor on gas mileage

Old 08-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Administrator
Talking Hi Again New Member

Welcome again..

I guess if you need all those toys in the car then maybe you should have upgraded to the upgraded model..

For my self. All I need is a motor a AM radio, 4 wheels & tires and a gal by my side ..woot-woot

Thanks for joining the HAF..click on my car Image for a plain old car to me.

Attached Thumbnails Accord 2012 SE-2011-maserati-quattroporte-novitec-tridente.jpg  
Old 08-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Hello, Thank you very much for your reply. I am beginning 2 have second thoughts and thinking I should have gone with camry, it's a tough decision I made without doing my home work

Old 08-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Newest Of Newbies

This car sucks big time, I just calculated the gas mileage, it uses 14 liters per 100 kms which is 16 MPG. I feel so stupid buying it, because even a 5 Series BMW has better MPG

Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

This is a new car right? Fact of life, new cars almost never live up to their fuel economy potential until they have, at the very least, ten to twenty thousand miles on the clock.

One of our recent cars returned barely 17 mpg (~13.8 liters per 100 km) on its first road trip (taken the day we drove it off the showroom floor), however, ten years and 150,000 miles later that same car on that same trip returned over 27 mpg (~8.9 liters per 100 km).

The above isn't to say there's nothing wrong with your car, but the fact is, until you get it broken in, there really isn't much that can be done or said about the fuel economy.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Newest Of Newbies

The car was actually a demo, it already had 10K miles on it

Old 08-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fidelito
The car was actually a demo, it already had 10K miles on it
With ten thousand miles on the clock, you're *probably* through the bulk of the break-in process. That said, given how many test drives that thing must have been on to rack up that many miles, I'd be concerned that the car has been beat on quite a bit and that the break-in process was never completed properly.

To best develop a point of reference, fill the tank, take a long highway trip driven at moderate stead-state speeds, and only refill the tank when the indicator is fully on "E". The results should give us a pretty good benchmark to determine whether the engine is having an issue or if it is just your day-to-day driving style which is causing the low economy numbers.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Good info to try out Fidelito..give that a try on your car.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 08-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Hello guys, Thank you very much for your replies. I must admit my day to day driving style is not exactly fuel conserving but I still believe 16 MPG is very low for a car like this, with the same style on my other car, I get around 26-27, they are not comparable but 16 is really off. I will try your suggestion and hope it improves the mpg. I was told that the car was driven only by a sales rep. and it was not for a test drive.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fidelito
I was told that the car was driven only by a sales rep. and it was not for a test drive.
Q: How do you know if a dealership employee is lying?

A: His (or her) lips are moving.

For my part, it is the exceedingly rare dealership employee that I even remotely believe.

Quick Reply: Accord 2012 SE