New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Accord Noob

Old 06-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Default Accord Noob

Hey guys,

So here's my story in a nutshell - I own a 96 Accord DX, 5 speed manual for close to 4 years. I recently graduated college and now I have a job and time to afford making minor mods to the car. So now I'm starting up my research and preparing to understand all what I can do in my budget.

I have a wish list and most of the changes are minor engine touches or mainly cosmetic, but I would love to be able to put some effort in under the hood in the coming years.

I'm definitely looking forward to sharing info and learning on this forum! Will update profile and add pics in the coming weeks.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by Shaunm44
Hey guys,

So here's my story in a nutshell - I own a 96 Accord DX, 5 speed manual for close to 4 years. I recently graduated college and now I have a job and time to afford making minor mods to the car. So now I'm starting up my research and preparing to understand all what I can do in my budget.

I have a wish list and most of the changes are minor engine touches or mainly cosmetic, but I would love to be able to put some effort in under the hood in the coming years.

I'm definitely looking forward to sharing info and learning on this forum! Will update profile and add pics in the coming weeks.
Welcome to the forum!!!

Old 06-24-2012, 09:10 PM

Here's two old pics of it. Nothing new added since then

Attached Thumbnails Accord Noob-652_37633022098_2160_n.jpg   Accord Noob-652_37633047098_2584_n.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 09:15 PM

Thanks 94ex915!

Old 06-24-2012, 09:28 PM

Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for good stuff to add.. go to andys auto sport dot com... .. its a place I look for parts. I know a few people that use em and they are pretty decent. they have A LOT of stuff for accords. . enjoy your car .

I in no way endorse that company or am I trying to spam their link, I am just showing a place i use in reference to tuning up a car.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Thanks 94ex915!
What are you looking to do to the car?

Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 AM

This is my grocery list of changes. This isn't necessarily the order I'm going to do it in in.

Install HIDs
Fix AC (I think it's a freon leak)
Fix automatic door locks
Install car alarm and wireless key
Replace clutch
Fix driver's automatic window
Install gauges
Upgrade muffler/exhaust
Upgrade radio and speakers
Upgrade rims
Tune suspension
Redo window tints

And I'm hoping I can do all this stuff without needing to take it to a mechanic.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:18 PM

Thanks Boogie! I'll be sure to check out that site sometime in the near future.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Almost A Senior Member

This is my grocery list of changes. This isn't necessarily the order I'm going to do it in in.

Install HIDs
Fix AC (I think it's a freon leak)
Fix automatic door locks
Install car alarm and wireless key
Replace clutch
Fix driver's automatic window
Install gauges
Upgrade muffler/exhaust
Upgrade radio and speakers
Upgrade rims
Tune suspension
Redo window tints

And I'm hoping I can do all this stuff without needing to take it to a mechanic.
The HIDs I would get off ebay. I paid 80 for mine at this local shop I have here and my friend ordered some off ebay for 35 with free ship. The kit looks the exact same and I think his are actually brighter than mine

The only thing I think you would need to get done at a shop is the tint, the car alarm (Unless your good with electronics), the A/C, and the rims.

What does your A/C do? Im looking to get mine fixed as well but was quoted 800 I think the compressor on mine is shot.

Last edited by 94ex915; 06-25-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by 94ex915
The HIDs I would get off ebay. I paid 80 for mine at this local shop I have here and my friend ordered some off ebay for 35 with free ship. The kit looks the exact same and I think his are actually brighter than mine

The only thing I think you would need to get done at a shop is the tint, the car alarm (Unless your good with electronics), the A/C, and the rims.

What does your A/C do? Im looking to get mine fixed as well but was quoted 800 I think the compressor on mine is shot.
Yeah, there are a few things that are inevitably going to be done by a pro since I lack the tools - specifically the rims, tint, AC, and possibly exhaust as well. But the alarm system doesn't look like it'll be too complicated. I saw others saying how they did it and it wasn't too difficult.

Do you mind sending me a link to the HIDs your friend bought? I haven't looked into that yet, so any good reference is a great start.

I think my AC only has a freon leak, so I imagine it'd be less than $200 to repair and recharge the system. I could be completely wrong tho. Lol. I'll get it diagnosed in a couple weeks and I'll be sure to let you know the status.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accord Noob