New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another New Member Dropping In!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Default Another New Member Dropping In!

Hey, I just found this forum so thought I'd better say hello before posting away. Absolutely love Hondas and not really interested in any other brand right now. I have driven only Hondas for a while now. Here are some of my recent vehicles:

1999 Blue Honda Accord Coupe - Totaled after 11 years of owning since it was new.

2004 Pearl White TSX - Loved that car but sold after owning it for almost two years due to the fact that it didn't get the best gas mileage, took premium gas only and gas prices were (are) getting ridiculous.

2000 Black CR-V - Always wanted one so decided to try it after selling my TSX. Nice little truck but I found it too underpowered for me. Kind of a let down after the TSX and I decided I'm a car guy after driving it for a year.

Currently have a 2002 Metallic Red Accord Sedan SE (purchased April 2012) - This car reminds me so much of my 1999 Accord Coupe which I loved. When I had the coupe my only gripe was I always felt I needed a little more space. The four door is perfect and is definitely a keeper for a while.

I purchased another Accord sedan today for my wife so that kind of sparked me to find an Accord forum. She loved mine so much that she decided to sell her 2008 Fit to get one. Hers is the same year as mine but not a SE and is gold in color. She used to be a Toyota person until I got her into Hondas.

I'm glad I found this site, it looks like there are some good people here and a lot of good info. Hopefully, I can contribute with some of my experiences.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:37 AM

Welcome! I had a sixth gen coupe for several years (it was a 1998) and it was a fun car to drive. It actually felt more nimble than my current car, the 03 listed in my sig.

The Fit is a fun little car too. I'm sure you guys had no problems finding a buyer!

Which engines are in your current Accords, the fours or the V6's?

Old 08-09-2012, 02:35 AM

Hey DerekWildstar. Both of our Accords have 4 cylinders because gas consumption is a concern for us. We moved to Hawaii about 8 years ago and gas is pretty high here. I came very close to purchasing a 2003 when I bought my car because I like the way they look. Do you have a sedan or a coupe?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:56 AM

Welcome dude

Old 08-09-2012, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by ollieauto
Hey DerekWildstar. Both of our Accords have 4 cylinders because gas consumption is a concern for us. We moved to Hawaii about 8 years ago and gas is pretty high here. I came very close to purchasing a 2003 when I bought my car because I like the way they look. Do you have a sedan or a coupe?
I understand about gas. I do a lot of highway driving, so the V6 isn't so bad. Can't imagine there are a lot of truly long distances to drive in Hawaii, however. Which island are you on?

My car is a coupe. Shameless self promotion- I've got a few shots of it in the 'photos' section- I think on page 9 or 10. Check it out of you get a chance, and then post a gallery of your own.

I spent a week in Oahu a few years ago and absolutely loved it. Say hello to the island for me if you get a chance!

Old 08-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Administrator

Welcome men and any women..Thank you all for joining in with us here in the HAF..Have your women join in also..we have quite a few gals here in the forum also..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 08-12-2012, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Welcome men and any women..Thank you all for joining in with us here in the HAF..Have your women join in also..we have quite a few gals here in the forum also..

WheelBrokerAng
Thanks for the welcome! I'll work on getting my wife to post on here some but I wouldn't advise on anyone holding their breath until she does. She's more into nutrition forums. LOL!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by DerekWildstar
I understand about gas. I do a lot of highway driving, so the V6 isn't so bad. Can't imagine there are a lot of truly long distances to drive in Hawaii, however. Which island are you on?

My car is a coupe. Shameless self promotion- I've got a few shots of it in the 'photos' section- I think on page 9 or 10. Check it out of you get a chance, and then post a gallery of your own.

I spent a week in Oahu a few years ago and absolutely loved it. Say hello to the island for me if you get a chance!
Hey Derek. I live on Oahu. You are right it is very beautiful. I thought it was just about the most beautiful place I could live until I visited Maui, Kauai and the Big Island. Still, I am happy with where I am. I'll take a look at the photos section and post some of my own as soon as I get around to taking some decent pictures.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by DerekWildstar
Welcome! I had a sixth gen coupe for several years (it was a 1998) and it was a fun car to drive. It actually felt more nimble than my current car, the 03 listed in my sig.

The Fit is a fun little car too. I'm sure you guys had no problems finding a buyer!

Which engines are in your current Accords, the fours or the V6's?
Hey Derek,

You won't believe this but just a few weeks after my initial introduction and saying my 2002 SE is a keeper, I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. A military friend is getting shipped out to another location and he was looking for a buyer for his 2004 EX-L V6. The deal was such a good one ($5,400 for it) that I couldn't pass it up. So as of two days ago, I am now the proud owner of a 7th generation EX-L like yours. According to Edmunds, this V6 is only one mile per gallon thirstier than my straight 4 cylinder. I can live with that! I am loving the 240 horses from the V6. This feels just as good if not better than the 04 TSX I used to have.

I have a buyer for the SE coming to pick it up tomorrow. I'm selling it for $4,800 so for a net increase of just $600 I was able to leap two years, 1 generation and two cylinders ahead. Not a bad deal!

P.S. The Fit sold almost immediately after we put it up on Craigslist.

Last edited by ollieauto; 08-21-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Administrator

I'm happy to see all of you conversing here in the forums..Thanks folks..It's great

Quick Reply: Another New Member Dropping In!