New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Default Another newbie...

Hey all, mighty nice forum you have here. Thought I would stop in and tell you all a little about myself. My name is Jason and I am a helicopter mechanic in the Rogue valley of southern Oregon. I have been married for 12 years and have 3 great kids. I recently adopted my wife's car for my daily driver. Its a '94 LX with a 5 spd. She wanted to start driving her Bronco again and my '83 Prelude was kicking the bucket. I told her as long as I could fix it up a bit I would be fine with that. Some wheelin and dealin on craigslist scored me some Motegi Racing rims and some 125/45/17 toyo's for around $300. That made a huge difference in looks. I next want to improve the stereo and take care of some various maintenance. Hopefully I will find the answers I need to do some work on it here in the forums. Lucky for me, the previous owner meticulousely maintained it. I just got it smogged last week and the guy said most new carsdon'tpass as well as this car did. Thanks for listening, and here's a couple pics

Name:  miscpic062.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  122.2 KB

Name:  miscpic061.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  128.6 KB

Name:  miscpic060.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  107.5 KB

Old 03-04-2008, 12:39 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Another newbie...

Welcome to the forum!
Nice 5th gen and a great deal on the wheels!

Plan to do more mods?

Old 03-04-2008, 09:03 PM

Welcome to the site. Helicopter mechanic huh? Sounds very interesteing. I have always wanted to ride in a helicopter just not HAVE to ride in one if you know what I mean.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Welcome to the forum!
Nice 5th gen and a great deal on the wheels!

Plan to do more mods?
Thanks! Yea I will probably do some more mods as time and $ allows. I want to get an amp and some new speakers, tint the windows, then maybe work on the intake and exhaust. Nothing to crazy though.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: gomarlins3

Welcome to the site. Helicopter mechanic huh? Sounds very interesteing. I have always wanted to ride in a helicopter just not HAVE to ride in one if you know what I mean.
Thanks! The company I work for is a manufacturer of heavy lift helicopters, mostly used for logging and fire fighting. I'm actually terrified of heights, I'll fix 'em, but I won't fly in 'em!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Your car would look sick if you lowered it. I love the white-on-white, just as good as black-on-black. That is one of the cleanest 5th gens I have seen in a looooong time. Even digging the Jesus fish... lol.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:41 PM

Just looked at the pics again.... I still can't believe the pristine body condition. My mother and stepdad are both helicopter pilots. What kind of helicopters do you work on?

Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: finch13

Your car would look sick if you lowered it. I love the white-on-white, just as good as black-on-black. That is one of the cleanest 5th gens I have seen in a looooong time. Even digging the Jesus fish... lol.
Thank you! I was kicking around the idea of lowering it, at least an inch or two. Glad you like the white on white, I was nervous about going with white rims, but am pretty happy with the results (plus the price was right).

Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: finch13

Just looked at the pics again.... I still can't believe the pristine body condition. My mother and stepdad are both helicopter pilots. What kind of helicopters do you work on?
I work for Erickson Aircrane Inc. on the S64 Skycrane. Heres a couple pics

Name:  Sea20Snorkel.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  49.5 KB

Name:  CannonCU.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  36.9 KB

Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 PM

Ah, yes. My mom's flight instructor and family friend flew S64's in Oregon (I think). Know any pilots from New Zealand/Australia?

We used to own a Schweiser/Hughes 300C and we still have a Piper Dakota.

Quick Reply: Another newbie...