New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

a.b.s

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 06:38 PM
grabber
Unregistered
Default a.b.s

hi there, how much and how hard is it to replace the abs sensor. i have a 2.0l,94 model great car but a few things are going wrong mainly air con is it worth repairing ?.i heard it costs more than the car itself plus insurance and a months wages on top A great place these forums for complete novices like me. So when u have time let me know ta la.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Default RE: a.b.s

when you say the A/C is messed up what is it doing? Repairing it isn't going to be THAT much.... Even if you had to replace the Condensor (main unit) and some lines you should be able to do that for $500.00 and that's worst case scenario

Old 10-19-2006, 05:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

abs sensor is fairly easy to replace unplug orange connector, unscrew, replace, screw in, replug orange connector.

Most common reason for A/C not working is a leak. Most common place for Honda to leak are compressor seals. Did you have the system leak tested?

Old 10-19-2006, 04:24 PM
grabber
Unregistered

Thanks guys for your info, you really are tops.........ABS should be able to solve, looking into A/C this week-end. Cheers.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Check out hondaautomotiveparts.com & put in your car's particulars. Then move to front or rear brakes for some pictures of how that stuff goes together. You may have to remove the brake calipers or something in order to reach & remove the wheel-speed sensor.

The front wheel-speed sensor usually has a wire leading thru a hole in the shock tower, to an orange plug in the engine compartment. Rear wheel-speed sensor wires have plugs that are usually hidden somewhere underneath the trunk carpeting.